Shopify Unable to Verify Bank Card for DOMAIN

Highlighted
1 0 0

Today I have then I picked a plan and filled the Billing information, but I'm always getting a message stating "transaction failed" My bank card is a Brazilian Personal Account and this is getting me extremely frustrated and hacked off. The bank has stated that there is nothing wrong at their end and I should contact Shopify directly however I do not see much discussion on this matter.

0 Likes
Highlighted
16 0 0

Hi, try emailing them (shopify)? or maybe they answer here in this post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 103

Hi there Bruno!

Don here from Shopify!

I think I might be able to share some info on why your card may not be accepted here for payment of invoices. :)

At the moment, it would be necessary to add a credit card -- rather than a debit card -- to your Shopify account in order to pay your invoices here.

While we are working hard at rolling out more ways to pay for our merchants around the world, for now, it would need to be a regular credit card in good standing; a bank, debit or prepaid card will likely not be accepted due to the different payment protocols used by these cards behind the scenes.

So, for the time being at least; you would need to add a credit card to your Shopify account in order to be able to pay your invoices here. :)

We're also available 24/7 via our support site if you'd prefer to call, chat or email us for assistance.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes