Shopify and Printful. Does the customer pay for the product or do I have to?

Highlighted
1 0 2

Shopify and Printful. Does the customer pay for the product or do I have to?

Hey, new shop owner here. I can explain further what I mean. Is this how the process works?

Customer wants a tshirt

• Customer pays £20 on my store
  • £20 goes into my Shopify account
  • Printful charges my personal debit card £10 for shirt
  • Shopify pays me £20 in 7 days time

Is this how it works? If this is correct, does anyone know how I could possibly turn that into the below process?

• Customer pays £20 on my store
  • Printful charges £10 out of the customer's £20
  • £10 goes to Shopify
  • Shopify pays me £10

This seems more self sufficient.

im only worried because sometimes (happens to us all) there might not be sufficient funds on my card to fulfill a potential large order that might go through Printful.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 23

Hi, Rob!

Patrick, a Shopify Guru here :). 

So how it would work is that you would accept payment for the order and then you would pay Printful. For Printful to take the funds directly from the customer they would need to have their own payment gateway to accept it and then give you money when they have received the payment. :)

This type of feature may be available in the future but I don't have any kind of timeline for that. 

Hope that helps, feel free to drop us a line at support@shopify.com if you have any more questions :)
Patrick

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is there an update to this topic where the customers payment is processed into store account first before Printful order is submitted? Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I'm not sure if you got what they were trying to say. It doesn't make sense for Shopify or Printful to take payment out of my personal account when the customer is paying. Any costs for the item should be covered out of retail price, so how are you guys taking for my customers and me? They saying it's not really self sufficient because sometimes I/we sometimes might not have enough in my account to cover that amount but that weight doesn't truly fall on us. It should just be our job to drive traffic to the site. This really makes me want to go elsewhere and see if there's a better way of doing this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I want to know the same thing
0 Likes