Shopify and the USPS SCAN Form

Solved
Anthony_McFerro
1 0 1

I am the owner of a monthly subscription box, and we are almost to 500 orders per month. All those orders ship at the end of the month. I flood the post office with a large amount of package, and they are almost to the point that they will no longer accept them unless I have a SCAN Form. The SCAN Form is just a piece of paper with a barcode that they can scan instead of scanning each individual package. Where is the SCAN Form on Shopify? If it doesn't have one, then I need Shopify to get one please! Thanks!

Anthony

Alexandra_D
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
46 0 13

Hey Anthony, 

Alex here from Shopify's support team, thanks for reaching out. :)

First thing's first, congratulations on your success so far! The best way to print a SCAN form currently is going to be through an app like Shippo, as this feature isn't currently available from the Shopify admin. There's a walkthrough of how to do this through the app on their website here.

Thanks for reaching out about this! We're always looking for ways to make our platform and e-commerce better for everyone and take your feedback seriously. I've sent you an email about this so we can chat about how this affects your experience with Shopify. If you follow up with me there, I can submit this as a request with our development team. 

Schui_Baumann1
Tourist
7 0 4

I definitely support this request. Our mail man hates us, because we sometimes ship several bags of packages at once, after a pre-ordered item becomes available. One USPS guy even refused to pick it up with a SCAN form.

Amy37
Tourist
7 0 9

I know this request is over a year old, but I don't understand why Shopify hasn't addressed it! My company was all ready to switch to Shopify Shipping and get rid of Shipstation to save money. But we CAN'T, because we have 30-40 outgoing packages every day, and out postal carrier insists on a Scan Form.

Why bother offering Shopify Shipping if it's unusable?

Frustrating...

Dana_Hill
Tourist
4 0 11

+1, this should be part of the base platform. Please add for your customers.

Lisa_Braun
1 0 2

Agreed!!

Whether you deliver your packages/mailings to the USPS, or they pick them up from you, if you have more than a few packages, they INSIST you provide a SCAN FORM!! 

I've been selling on Etsy for over 6 years and purchase my shipping labels through them - and am able to get the scan form for that particular day's packages/mailings. All of the information is on that form along with 1 bar code. The amount of packages and breakdown of First Class, Priority, International, etc.

I don't think I should have to pay for an app to get this service which is basically required by the USPS... and if a platform like Etsy provides this, surely Shopify can do the same.

Thanks!!

:)

Lisa

JGroove
2 0 3

Bump, another seller looking for this option to be added.

Thank you,
-John

Colin_Worf
1 0 3

I concur, this needs to be a thing.

dpd1
Explorer
57 0 31

This absolutely should be a base feature. There's no way to do it through the USPS site, because you can only get it that way if you order the labels there as well. I currently have 5 packages completely missing with zero tracking. They just show as "label prepared". Customers are now screaming at me, because of course they think we just never sent it, even though I watched the guy come and pick them up. Best part is, if things disappear for good this way, the USPS will not honor a claim. They'll tell you there's no proof you ever sent it. No amount of appeal will change that. So right now I have 5 customers furious and over a grand of merch on the line, all because of one missing piece of paper. Expecting people to pay for an app to do something so basic, is ridiculous. You offer USPS through the platform, so offer all of it properly. This is like ordering at a restaurant and they tell you plates to put the food on are extra.

johnnyiuzzini
Tourist
4 0 4

@dpd1 wrote:

This absolutely should be a base feature. There's no way to do it through the USPS site, because you can only get it that way if you order the labels there as well. I currently have 5 packages completely missing with zero tracking. They just show as "label prepared". Customers are now screaming at me, because of course they think we just never sent it, even though I watched the guy come and pick them up. Best part is, if things disappear for good this way, the USPS will not honor a claim. They'll tell you there's no proof you ever sent it. No amount of appeal will change that. So right now I have 5 customers furious and over a grand of merch on the line, all because of one missing piece of paper. Expecting people to pay for an app to do something so basic, is ridiculous. You offer USPS through the platform, so offer all of it properly. This is like ordering at a restaurant and they tell you plates to put the food on are extra.

Absolutely Agree. This feature is a necessity for anyone doing bulk shipping. Im considering dropping shopify shipping because of it.