Shopify bill payment failed - insufficient funds

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

Shopify tried to charge me several times but couldn't. Then I tried to pay manually from billing section, but the system gave me "insufficient funds" error. My card has sufficient funds and is open to international transactions. I tried another card and it gave the same error.

After a couple of times of trying it is not giving the "insufficient funds" error anymore, but the payment is still failed.

What could be the reason?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1249 76 274

Hey, @Andrew007!

The error you're seeing is "Insufficient funds" then this would be the error your bank is returning to us each time we attempt to process the charge. Regretfully, we are unable to provide further insight outside of the error that appears. For this, It would be best to contact your bank to determine why the charge is being blocked. If you're based in a country outside of the United States, then you'll want to ensure you have the proper amount based on the going conversation rate as the subscription is charged in USD. 

Another thing to be mindful of is ensuring that you're using a full credit card or Paypal. Debit cards with credit card capabilities would not be seen as a supported payment type. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes