Shopify charge for pre-order and cash on delivery

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

We are planning to move the whole POS and online system to Shopify and our sales invovles a lot of pre-order groceries which we cannot determine the amount of invoice until we source the products from our suppliers becasue of the weight of the products (for example, cuts of steak, salmon, fruits and vegetables) and we will actually deliver the products to the customer physically. 

I wonder if there's any charge for this type of transactions and can customer check out that way so we can receive their orders and start consolidating the total number of prodcuts needed based on a order deadline?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 506

Hi Frankie, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Just to confirm, are you wondering if there will be any charge incurred on your end for the transaction or the customer? 

From what I gather with your message, the best way forward for you could be using a pre-order app. There are a few different pre-order apps which are worth looking into for this. Let's take a look at them below:

Another alternative could be using a free (pre-order) product. This essentially creates the customer purchase record in your Shopify admin and then when you are ready to ship the exact amount of cut steak, salmon, fruit etc. you can communicate with the customer from the contact details they provided. It might not be ideal, but it is another workaround. 

All the best, 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes