Shopify completely shut down store due to bounced payment and wont let me fix it for three days

Highlighted
3 0 0

So my company was migrating bank accounts and transferred all our money out.  Because we don't use Shopify Payments, at the end of the day, Shopify tried to come in and charge us our transaction fees (0.5%).  Because the bank account was empty, the payment bounced, and Shopify responded by completely shutting down and deactivating my store and giving me NO option to resolve this. 

Some context here.  I do over $10,000 in sales a day on Shopify.  I pay employees.  I have a warehouse shipping orders.  Because of this, I cant take orders, I can't pay my employees, and my warehouse cant ship orders. On top of this, all my customers see that my online store has completely disappeared and think I took their money and dipped, and have been starting dozens of chargebacks which I have no way of replying to (because the shop is shut down).  Sice I had to stop my ads, they will now have to completely repeat the learning process

I have no access to any of the backend.  So I contact the support chat... after waiting for 60 minutes, the agent tries to charge the card from her end, only to find that SHE doesn't even have access -- its deactivated for the support team too!

She informs me that she will send an email to the business operations team to work on fixing this which should take 24-72 to send THE FIRST EMAIL.  Now, I am losing over $10000 in business a day, getting dozens of chargebacks ad customer complaints, just sitting here awaiting their email....

I cannot believe this is the reaction of the biggest e-commerce company in the world to a $50 bounced payment.  This has been the most unprofessional experience ever for such a big company.  It would make sense if A, there was an easy way to resolve this (I mean that's literally the goal... collect their money), if there was a warning, or if customers get a better message than this shop no longer exists.... I pay Shopify $300 a MONTH + transaction fees... They are getting $1000s a month off me, yet this is the way I am treated as a customer.  

Simply unbelievable...

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Its been over 12 hours now... lost over $5000 in sales, having to pay warehouse employees even though the cant ship right now... Many angry customers thinking we took their money and disappeared. 

0 Likes