Shopify deposited to the wrong account

Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 5

I changed my payout account, but my next payout went to the old bank.

I checked, and the new account is set up correctly.

Why would this happen, and how do I fix it  it's depositing into an account with the wrong currency type!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
507 34 73

Hi, @mactac.

Sophia here from Shopify! I'm sorry to hear that your payout went to your old bank account. Do you still have access to the old account, or is it closed? If a payout is transferred to a closed bank account, it should eventually get sent back to Shopify and marked as a Failed payout in the admin. From that point, it would be re-routed to the new account on file.

Without looking into the account, it's difficult to say exactly what would have caused this. In this case, I'd like to look into the account with our Billing team so that I can get to the bottom of it and ensure that all future payouts are going to the correct account. Of course, it's important that we keep your account information confidential, so I'll send you an email. That way, I can authenticate your account and investigate securely. Once you get my email, kindly reply there with your .myshopify.com URL so that I can look into this with the Billing team. Thanks so much!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
The chase bank account that the last payout was sent to is a closed back account. It shows paid when the account is closed. I made sure to update the bank account info to my active capital One account. Shouldn’t the money be returned to my Shopify? It’s been 24 hours since the payout.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
507 34 73

@badgyal-tingz wrote:
The chase bank account that the last payout was sent to is a closed back account. It shows paid when the account is closed. I made sure to update the bank account info to my active capital One account. Shouldn’t the money be returned to my Shopify? It’s been 24 hours since the payout.

Hi, @badgyal-tingz.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

When a payout is sent to a closed bank account, it should return to Shopify and the payout in the admin will update to Failed. Afterwards, the system will try to resend the payout, so as long as the account has been updated under Settings > Payments > Manage, it should be sent to the correct account. Did you see any changes over the past few business days, or does the payout still appear as Paid in the admin at this time?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes