Shopify drives me crazy with Amazon FBA Integration that can't upload multiple tracking #'s for an order

Highlighted
1 0 1

Does this drive anyone else crazy? I've contacts Shopify about this, and after they tell me 3 x that you can upload multiple tracking #'s, and I explain to them 3x that you can't when using Amazon Fulfillment (and they finally believe me) they still have no fixes for this.

I get 3-4 emails a day from customers asking "I only received half of my order. Where's the other half? I'm very upset!"

Why are they asking this? Because I use Amazon FBA to fulfill all of my orders across channels, including my website on Shopify. But Shopify can only pull in one tracking # for an order fulfilled by Amazon, even if I have 2+ shipments for that orders (which happens a lot, especially during the holidays.)

I can't even add a second tracking # manually when using the FBA integration in Shopify. Once Amazon sends the feed with the first tracking # back to shopify, that's it. It won't let me add another tracking #.

You can add multiple tracking #'s if you don't use the FBA integration, but I kind of need to use the FBA integration. 

What I find kind of funny about all of this is that I received an email from Amazon, letting me know they have selected Shopify as a preferred e-commerce provider for their integration with Amazon. 

Anyways, if someone has a workaround I'm not seeing, or if someone from Shopify wants to run this issue up the pole to someone who can fix it, that would be great. I've had this conversation a few times with Shopify support already. I'm frustrated because I'm getting 4-5 angry customers a day now during the holidays and chances are they won't ever return as a customer because of this experience.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1 0 0

Hey John, 

Jordan here from Shopify.

I’m guessing you don’t mean the Beyonce-Crazy-In-Love kind of crazy. I understand that you’re committed to using Amazon’s FBA, and that there’s a disconnect between FBA and Shopify that’s causing some frustration for you and your customers. Specifically, this looks like your customers not getting all of the tracking numbers for their orders.

I looked into your previous support interactions and your Guru at the time created a ticket, meaning that Shopify is aware of the issue and when it’s corrected we'll make sure that you’re notified. 

In the meantime, perhaps you can reach out to one of our Shopify Developer Experts (https://experts.shopify.com/developers). They might be able to help you with a custom solution in time for the holiday rush.

Thanks for ringing the bell on this issue again, and for your patience as we keep trying to make our service better!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

My first post. Just started to look at possibly switching our ecommerce business from our existing cart to Shopify. Frankly, this support response (and a few others after reviewing the discussion forums) worries me.

To tell an existing customer with a fair sized ecommerce business to look at getting a 3rd party to develop an App to solve this problem - is ridiculous. How about get one of your developers to immediately start working on a fix for something I would refer to as a "bug".

Looks to me like Shopify had a great idea, and has acquired substantial funding and developed a reasonable ecommerce system. But time to hire some adults and get to work on the nitty gritty. Never mind the fooze ball and free tofu lunches.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I just wanted to keep this thread alive and report that this is still a critical issue for sellers using FBA for fulfillment (which I imagine is growing rapidly with all the Amazon Webstore folks migrating to Shopify, the vast majority of whom use FBA).

To add another data point to the dev issue...

In addition to the above post which describes the issue well, also please note that in addition to not correctly getting both tracking numbers inserted into an order, no follow-up "shipping update" email ever gets triggered to the customer with tracking info, even for the first of the two (or more) shipments which actually does get the tracking number injected back into the order to Shopify from FBA.

Alternatively, any other order (with just one shipment) does fire off an email once the tracking number gets returned to shopify by FBA as expected.

So these "multiple shipment" FBA orders (which are VERY common to FBA) are kind of a double-whammy problem because they not only don't receive all the tracking numbers, but the one tracking number (from the first shipment) that does come in never triggers a customer email like single shipment orders do.

Hoping this is getting worked on by the dev team...

Thanks in advance for any updates possible on the progress of this.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Turns out after further investigation from the Shopify team that a large piece of this issue lies in Amazon's lap as they don't seem to be sending back or "injecting" through the API back to shopify correctly on those multiple shipment orders.

That still doesn't explain the lack of email that goes out from shopify on the first tracking info that does get injected correctly though...

I'll keep reporting here as I find anything else out. Next stop... Amazon to beat on them for a solution (good luck with that huh?)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Scott,

I found something contrary to what you said based on what one of the support associates told me, Jenn N. in regards to FBA fulfillment; "it seems that when orders are automatically fulfilled in Shopify, the expected behaviour is that Shopify will grab one tracking number for the order"

Based on this, Shopify needs to grab two or three tracking numbers and not just one.  This part, at least is an err with Shopify and not with Amazon.  

Thanks for your posts.

KH

0 Likes