Shopify duplicating orders in my fulfilment company.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

So I utilise a fulfilment company to warehouse, pick & send all my orders. This has been working great until a day or 2 ago. 

The fulfilment company have said its a problem from shopifys API and that they currently have about 120 clients using shopify but only 15 of them (Like me) are getting this exact issue. 

Please see the correspondence below from the fulfilment company to see the problems etc;

Hi Jamie,

Further to our discussion this morning, as you know, we identified an issue with your Shopify api feed. It appears that orders have been received with duplicate line items. Therefore, if your customer has ordered Product x quantity 1, the api has sent us 2 rows/lines of product x.

- Normally, if your customer orders 2 units of the same line item, we would get 1 row of product x with quantity of 2. 
- We need to work together to resolve this as we cannot talk to shopify about your account. Please urgently contact Shopify/your developer in order to rectify the issue today.
- In the mean time, and until this is resolved please manually check every order in Kiosk for dispatch today and remove any duplicate lines.
Please confirm once the orders are ready to ship.

Please advise once you have received further feedback from Shopify, and provide us with an update by COB today if possible.

I have spoken with shopify chat but they couldnt help and told me to post it on here. 

Help would be much appreciated , thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi, 

I think we've got the same problem. I got the same message from the fulfillment company too.

Haven't found a solution yet either...

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi JPitt,

I've got the same issue and received a very similar email yesterday, so we probably use the same fulfilment company. Just called Shopify support who were pretty useless and openly admitted they aren't trained to resolve API issues. No timeframe was given to have it resolved. They just said they'd email me at close of business with an update. Useless.

Cheers,

Dave.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Dave, 

Yeah the support from either party has been pretty poor to be honest. As a result of this, they have sent a lot of stock as duplicates to customers and now I have completely sold out!

Hopefully we hear some good news soon! 

0 Likes