Shopify is holding my $12,661.24 for no reason!

Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi Shopify,

I have a very serious and important message to share with shopify payments.

3 days ago i received two orders from which both are $6,500, So in total $13,000. Everything went fine, the transactions were both successful, in fact my pay out was scheduled for August 19th 2019. 

Now all of a sudden i received a message from shopify payments asking me to provide additional information while my account payouts remains on hold. I then immediately sent out all the information that was asked from me, including government documentation. 

This Morning, August 20th 2019 i wake up to a very absurd message from shopify payments informing me that i can no longer use the shopify payment service and that my available balance of $12,661.24 will be held for 120 days in case there are any charge backs.  Now, i know for a fact that i have done nothing wrong, there are zero fraudulent activities going on and there are no charge backs at all. In this case i'm completely innocent and my income is being held against my will and power.

I'm not scaring or making any threats against shopify payments but i am well connected with some of the most powerful and well known state attorneys as well as other people in high positions. I have solved many problems this way whether it was online or not and i promise that this might hurt shopify payments and stripe as a company and as a whole.

Now, i don't want to bring it that far to include my states attorneys yet so in stead of doing that i'm kindly asking shopify payments to pay me my non-fraudulent available balance. I don't want to use shopify payment anymore as i'm not interested at all, but all i'm asking is to get paid my hard earned money. 

I know for a fact that every merchant account and business in general has their policies and terms of service and they have the right to hold on any account or payments if there is prove of suspicious or fraudulent activities going on. 

I also know for a fact that it is against the law to hold on to someone's money for 120 days or longer  if there is no prove of fraudulent activities, no prove of charge backs, no prove of breaking any laws while that person is completely powerless in that situation. In this case that person has the right to step to legal advise/assistance if the payments aren't being released. 

Like i said i don't want to use shopify service anymore and all i'm asking is to be paid my $12,661.24. I have done everything that was asked from me and i have already fulfilled the orders. If i don't get a proper response from shopify payments in regards of releasing my funds within 48 hours i will have to involve my state attorneys in this. 

Thank You.
2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I’ve been in the same exact boat as you are in and it is a nightmare!! Not only has Shopify payments been doing this to their customers, but Stripe and PayPal as well. I’ve had well over $24,000 held before(PayPal) and about $4,000 on hold with stripe. I can without a doubt say I will never use PayPal/stripe/Shopify payments ever again in my entire life.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 11

This just happened to me, they are holding on to money for 90 days. Ruining my business operations of course. In my opinion I'm sure there is grounds for lawsuits for this if someone would be willing to take the effort. They state that Stripe/Shopify Payments can put your account at risk at anytime, and that's fine. It's their business, HOWEVER; this should not include any money that is to be paid out; that means Shopify is affecting my business but if I can't afford to purchase my customer's products and ship it to them, that affects the customer's money and products. That is in my opinion ILLEGAL. This money is not Shopify's, it is either mine as a store or the customers. I was unable to refund this money to the customer EITHER. This is insane, they do this with thousands of stores and MILLIONS of $ that Shopify holds for 6 Months+ that means that can use and invest in their business, as I'm sure no one regulates this money to be held in a safe account and not be used. This means unless customers chargeback, this money is held/ "kidinapped" for 6 months by Shopify. 

Lastly, Shopify says you can use other payment providers who would take this risk: HOWEVER, Shopify collects fees for Stores using any other payment providers as well. So these FRAUDSTERS collect your annual/monthly store fee, tell you to use other providers (who collect their own fees as well) and collect fees ON TOP OF THAT, and collect your domain fees. Do not use these guys, no money you make is worth allowing them to make money off of you and control your Store like they own it.

PLUS They have the AUDACITY to tell you to sell your store when you try and close it, so they can make some sort of fee on that.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

What payment provider for your eCommerce did you end up switching to?

0 Likes
2 0 0

What did you end up doing for your solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
19 0 0

I’m in the same boat now there’s no one to talk to at Shopify all scripted responses was marked and upgraded as urgent I have to spend hours on the live chat to here that my money is now on hold until Dec 10th 4 months away no reason no fraud just that’s what Shopify does meanwhile my buisness is crippled and it’s making me ill thinking about it they are liars and thieves they have stolen my money there’s not a single person to talk to there’s no one to contact it’s the worst by far platform stay right away 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are in the same boat with payments being on hold for no reason at all. 

No one who picks up the phone can solve the problem; still waiting for someone from their "accounting team" to reply back to give a reason why payment is on hold. 

We are having legal look at this and starting the process to sue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

This has just happened with me as well. I haven't even received an email from Shopify about anything. So I can't even provide them with documents, because I have no requests for anything.
 I wonder....if Shopify is holding large funds like this for up to 6 months, what do they do with the interest they are collecting on these funds?
 AHarlem, were y ou ever able to access your funds? I am curious to know, as I have seen many people make posts like yours, but they never come back to say what happened for them to get to their funds released.

~ Elite Saponifier ~
www.northerndlights.ca
0 Likes