Shopify not accepting passport scan to unlock payments

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

Shopify has been asking me to upload a scan of an ID document in order to resume payments from my sales. I have attempted that today, but am running into an issue. When I upload my passport, Shopify says: 'The name on your account could not be verified. Please check that you have provided your full legal name and a valid photo ID matching that name.'

My name on my passport was different to my Shopify profile name (my middle name is on the passport document), but when I updated my name on the profile to include my middle name the error persists (and the name on https://superstar-sweaters.myshopify.com/admin/payments/account/identity_documents is not updated with my middle name, which makes me suspect that either a) there is some caching issue going on, or b) there is somewhere else in my profile where I need to change the name used for payouts). Alternatively the error could be to do with something else entirely but I'm not sure what that could be. 

Help would be much appreciated, as apparently Shopify is going to stop payments in a couple of days unless this is sorted out.

Thanks in advance

Michelle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1645 99 357

Hey, @Michelle80

The issue would not be connected to what you see in your profile as the data initially added to your Shopify Payments account can not be updated through the admin. What we'll need to do is verify the store via email so we can reach out to our Payments team to get this updated. Once they have then you shouldn't have any issues with uploading your documents. I have sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support" to verify the store. If you can reply to it as soon as you're able to then we can work together to get this resolved. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for this Peter, I have sent that email. One other wrinkle on my account: the name on my passport is my married name. Checking through my utility bills, all of my bills seem to be in my maiden name. If I need to upload a second address verification document is this going to be a problem?

Thanks again for your help!

Michelle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1645 99 357

@Michelle80 

I'm not entirely sure about that one but will check with the team that handles the documents and will let you know via email what I find out. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Just to let you know, I've had this problem for a week BUT all my info matches, and it still happens, I have had five different people supposedly sort this and it still persist. I don't now why they are not honest and say there is a glitch somewhere and we may have to wait for this to be sorted. I've had the verification team tell me my info matches and it will pass when I next upload only for it to fail again. I've had the problem upscaled to there escalation analyst and still nothing... So you may be waiting a while. Just rest assured you are not the only person suffering this problem, it is widespread. Hope it gets sorted for you soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Peter, I am having the exact same issue with the name/ID verification, but I do not know who to contact to verify. I posted something on the community discussion board but haven't received a reply yet. Please help me through this process so that I can get my business up and running again. Here is my original post:

I got a notification saying I need to verify my ID to continue receiving payments. However, the name that they want me to verify is my company name (I signed up with the gmail I made for the company). So I changed ownership to my personal email in attempt to change the name to my own and verify my ID. When I did that, the name stayed the same, and there is no way for me to change that. I have tried everything in the settings. Is there a way to change it to my name?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@aef1916583 Hello, I hope you are well! - I had a nightmare with this. It may be better to go on to the chat, they are VERY slow and can take numerous attempts. But I had an issue where a my info matched but they still rejected it, turns out they do not go by the info on your account they must store it elsewhere so I had to request a change of my stored information to get it all straight... hope this helps, but the chat is the best way to go, I'd prep with some screen grabs of the notification and the info you think is wrong and your documents, otherwise they tend to fob you off and say 'change this and it will work'... but it won't work. Took me about a week of pretty heavy going but they did sort it once someone actually listened to the problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey, thanks for the help! What I did was DM them through Twitter and I was able to create a support ticket, and they helped fix the issue. They answer pretty quickly on Twitter and know what they are doing.