Shopify not allowing me to add Canada Post or USPS

Bambatt
Tourist
19 0 2

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to Shopify and have been struggling to figure out how to add trackable shipping to my orders.  I've read online that all accounts come with the ability to add either Canada Post or USPS although when I try, it is saying that my 'current plan doesn't offer this feature'. I am on the basic plan and understand that this does not include the ability to add accounts like DHL and UPS but am I wrong in hearing that the others were a default?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
HariKrishna
Shopify Partner
657 15 70

Hi,

If you are trying to add your own carrier account, you have to enable carrier calculated shipping in your store, which doesn't come with the Basic Shopify plan. 

You can have the basic plan and pay an add-on of $20 USD for third-party calculated shipping while paying for both monthly. Or you can switch to annual billing and get that add-on for free while saving $36 USD. You can also get this feature for free if you update your plan to Advanced Shopify. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 275

Hi @Bambatt!

Julie here from Shopify Support. 

@HariKrishna is correct — if you have your own carrier account with either USPS, Canada Post, UPS, or FedEx, then you can connect your account to Shopify if you have Carrier Calculated Shipping enabled. This will allow you to display your own negotiated rates to customers in the checkout. Carrier Calculated Shipping is a feature that's typically available on the Advanced plan, but you can also add it to any plan for an additional $20 USD per month. As mentioned above, it's also free if you switch to an annual billing cycle. 

That being said, you don't need to have Carrier Calculated Shipping to add tracking numbers to your orders. Instead, you can use Shopify Shipping, which is included in all Shopify plans. With Shopify Shipping, you can take advantage of Shopify's negotiated rates with carriers like USPS, UPS, DHL Express, Canada Post, and Sendle. Keep in mind that you can only use certain carriers depending on where you are fulfilling orders from. For example, you will only be able to use Canada Post if you are fulfilling orders from Canada; if you are fulfilling from Australia, you'll have access to Sendle; if you are in the United States, you'll have access to USPS, UPS, and DHL Express.

With Shopify Shipping, you'll also be able to:

• Display calculated shipping rates, instead of flat rates, to your customers at checkout
  • Get reduced rates for your shipping labels
  • Print shipping labels directly from your Shopify admin

When you use Shopify Shipping to purchase and print shipping labels through Shopify, a tracking number will automatically be attached to the order. Customers will then receive this tracking number in their shipping confirmation email and they'll also be able to view it on their order status page. If your customers have the Shop app installed on their mobile device, they'll also be able to receive real-time shipping updates directly through the app.  

I should also note that if you aren't using Shopify Shipping and purchase a shipping label outside of Shopify, then you can also manually add tracking numbers to orders. Tracking information will then appear on the order status page and in the shipping confirmation, exactly as it would with Shopify Shipping. 

I hope this clears things up and I'd love to learn more about how you're fulfilling orders. Are you planning on using Shopify Shipping, or do you have your own account with Canada Post or USPS? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Bambatt
Tourist
19 0 2

Thank you so much for the information! if I were to switch to annual billing to receive the calculated rates for free, would I be limited to the shipping services that you have outlined? Or would I be able to use alternative shipping resources such as Chit Chat?

0 Likes
Bambatt
Tourist
19 0 2

I have upgraded to annual billing but isn't allowing me to add integrated shipping but it isn't letting me. 

Manage integrations > Carrier accounts > "Your current plan doesn’t offer this feature. Upgrade your plan to enable calculated shipping rates using accounts from FedEx, UPS® and apps."

The other way of adding shopify shipping isn't clear either as it seems I don't have any option to add integrated shipping at checkout.  PLEASE HELP this is so frustrating. 

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 275

Thanks for following up and confirming that you've switched to annual billing. Not to worry — I'm here to help and clear up any confusion you may have!

Although your billing cycle has been changed, the feature will need to be activated here on my end. I've just sent an email to the email address associated with your Community Forums account. Please respond to that email with your myshopify.com URL and I can go ahead and take care of that for you. 

I'd also love to clear up any confusion you may have around Shopify Shipping and Carrier Calculated Shipping. As mentioned above, Shopify Shipping doesn't require you to have the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature enabled and is already included in all plans, allowing you to take advantage of Shopify's negotiated shipping rates with a number of carriers. With Shopify Shipping, you can also purchase and print shipping labels directly through Shopify.

Carrier Calculated Shipping, on the other hand, will allow you to use any of the shipping apps in the Shopify App Store. You'll also be able to connect your own carrier accounts with carriers like FedEx, USPS, Canada Post, or UPS, if you have any.

By "integrated shipping", are you referring to your own carrier account?  

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes