Shopify not auto fulfilling

Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi,

Recently my shopify is not  auto fulfilling , and the statement of the order says"

Fulfillment of 4 items via Amazon Marketplace Web failed."

"Service

Amazon Marketplace Web

Invalid shipping method provided for this fulfillment service. Retry fulfillment with a valid shipping method."

It just happens to some of the order but i dont find the pattern

Wonder what went wrong? I recently lowered the shipping fee from $6.99 to $3.99, does that related to this issue?

Thanks,

Cammy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey, Cammy, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

Usually, when you get an error from Amazon like that, it is due to your shipping rates not being set up properly. In order to sync Shopify with Amazon, you will want to make sure that the shipping rates you have to follow these rules: 

• Each shipping option needs its own separate rate.
  • You will need to copy the name of the Amazon shipping option (either Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping, or Priority Shipping) exactly how it's named.
  • You will also want to set the rate to be based on order weight, not price.

You can learn more about this and how to set your shipping rates up on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

If you feel like all those are met, and the order still isn't getting fulfilled, can you post a screenshot of your shipping rates so we can take a closer look? 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Ann,

Thank you for getting back. I think our site's shipping rate should be fine. Please find the screenshot below:-

https://postimg.cc/K1D2g5b9

Thanks,

Cammy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey, Cammy, 

Thanks for that! You're right! Those do look like they're set up properly! Can you now show us a screenshot of the order that isn't fulfilling? You can remove any sensitive information, however, make sure the shipping rate is shown! 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Please see the attached pic for reference.

https://postimg.cc/njYnDMhy

https://i.postimg.cc/LsZrNYTT/order2.jpg

Thanks,
Cammy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey, Cammy, 

Thanks for that! So it looks like when this order was placed, the shipping rate that was chosen was called "Shipping Fee", instead of "Standard Shipping"- which is why you are getting that error. Now that your rate names are set up properly, can you try fulfilling the order again and seeing if that works? 

Let me know! 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Ann,

Thank you for getting back.

I wonder why we didn't set up a shipping rate called " shipping fee" but the order was placed by "shipping fee" rate? Any method I can fix that?

Also, that one is not the only case, we have the cases that the shipping rate chose called " Free Shipping" however the order still failed to fulfill. Please find the screenshot below:-

https://postimg.cc/BX1YS6hZ

https://postimg.cc/wymytSnN

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,

Cammy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey, Cammy, 

So the reason that order failed is because you have one of your shipping options named 'Free Shipping', this goes against Fulfillment by Amazon's shipping rules, as your rates can only be called 'Standard Shipping', 'Expedited Shipping', or 'Priority Shipping'. You can see where you have your free shipping rate option here: 

Something else I noticed is that your rates are set up to be price based weights. Another rule that Fulfillment by Amazon users need to follow is that your shipping rates been to be weight based. You can see more information about that on this page in our Shopify Manual, and you can learn more about how to set up these weight based rates instead here

In order for this fulfillment option to work, you will need to set up your shipping options exactly as Amazon states, otherwise you will get errors like what you're seeing in your store. 

Have a great one,
An

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Ann,

Thank you for getting back.

I wonder why we didn't set up a shipping rate called " shipping fee" but the order was placed by "shipping fee" rate? Any method I can fix that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

And there is an option of Price based rates, so it is alright for us to set up the shipping rate based on price right? We used to set it up like that and there is no fulfillment issue.

0 Likes