Shopify not registering orders paid via credit card

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I created my first serious Shopify store a few weeks ago, and am already getting a decent amount of sales. A few days ago I was finally able to connect my store to a payment processor, (2checkout) and I thought I had everything sorted to expand even more aggressively.

However, there seems to be some kind of a problem with the credit card payments coming through the payment processing service. While all customer payments made via PayPal function perfectly, and Shopify registers them under new orders, I am getting a number of customer payments on my payment processing service dashboard, yet Shopify has not registered any orders. As it is now, I just seem to have the customers money, but I have no idea what they ordered.

Have I missed something when connecting my store to the payment processing service? Why would Shopify not register these orders?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3322 248 580

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Styrman,

Nick here from Shopify. 

If you are receiving the money then 2checkout and Shopify are connected. From experience, what tends to happen here is that the orders might be in the Abandoned Cart section of your admin. This is generally down to an external gateway (in this case 2checkout) not navigating customers back to the Shopify checkout after payment was taken. So you would get the money through the gateway but the order wasn't finalized on Shopify's end and so it would end up in the Abandoned Cart section. 

If they aren't in the Abandoned Cart section, could you let me know and we can have our team take a closer look for you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Nick,

Yes, they were indeed in the abandoned Cart section. :)

Thanks. :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3322 248 580

Great to hear and no problem at all. 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

HI Could you help me as their seems to be problem today with our website - all orders are going into abandoned checkout although the payment is being taken.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3322 248 580

Hi @KatiePimlott,

That does seem very strange for sure. Is everything ok from the customer point of view or is this something only you are experiencing in the admin section of your store? Could you also share your store URL so I can see from my side as a customer to see if there is anything I notice? If you could share and give as much information as possible it would be hugely helpful in troubleshooting this further for you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi - Thanks for the reply. It was a World Pay Gateway error which they managed to sort - it was happening across the board not just to our site. Thanks again though

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nik.

We have the exact same issue.

The order went to the abandoned cart, after the customer made the payment via paypal.

It is alrady the 4th case we encontered this month. Is there anything we can do about it?Most customers are not regulars, and it is not realistic to inform all the customers about it before they make the purchase.

Silvana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3322 248 580

Hi @SunXiaogang,

I just want to make sure I completely understand what you're saying. Do you mean, when someone makes an order from your store via PayPal it goes directly to the Abandon Cart section in your admin and not the main order section? Or is this something the customer is experiencing on the public side of your store? 

0 Likes