Shopify payment getaway

Highlighted
2 0 1
Hi there. I have question about shopify payment getaway. For few years I live in Ireland, where shopify payments are available. Next year I plan to move to my home country, where shopify payments are not available. I have bank account in Ireland, and if I set up business in Ireland and provide shopify payment with all that information what is necessary, can I manage my businesses from country where shopify payment are not available?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 139 384

Hey there, @Vitalijs1988 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. This is not possible, Shopify Payments can only be used in stores that are based in supported countries. We are rapidly expanding our payment gateway to more countries. To do so, we need to make sure that the version of our gateway we launch in said country is compliant to the requirements of that country so while we would like to provide the service to all merchants immediately, our banking partners cannot do this. 

To use Shopify Payments you need to be based in a supported country (your store address and IP address must reflect this), use a supported currency and have a bank account in the same country that you are based in. So for the meantime, while you are running your business in Ireland, you can absolutely use Shopify Payments. When you move away and start operating your store from a country where Shopify Payments are not available you will need to use a supported thid party gateway. You can find a list of these here. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
OK. Thanks for information