Shopify payments Singapore company?

andrewoff
2 0 0

I am a citizen of Germany, but I live 6 months in Singapore and 6 months in Australia. 

I have a warehouse in China and also my company is registered here in Singapore, from where I run my business.

My business sells to customers in the European Union only. 

I currently use Wooommerce but I want to start using Shopify due to its easy interface. 

Can I register for Shopify payments with my Singaporean company even if I'm not a Singapore citizen/permanent resident? 

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 34 292

Hey, @andrewoff!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

If your company is registered in Singapore, you can use Shopify Payments for Singapore. You may be asked for ID when you set it up. Will it be possible for you to still have staff logging into the store from Singapore while you're in Australia?

Since your customers are in the EU, the Sell in Multiple Currencies option will be useful for you. Your customers can pay in their local currency and your payouts will be in the store's default currency and be sent to your bank account in Singapore. This will only work with Shopify Payments. If you had Paypal or any other additional gateway set up, customers would only be able to use it to pay in your store's default currency.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
andrewoff
2 0 0

Yes, I have staff members working in Singapore for my company. 

I am the director of the company and I'm based between Australia and Singapore. 

When Shopify asks for ID, is the Driver licence from Australia accepted as proof of ID? 

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 34 292

Our business operations team would explain at the time what they need. If you're using Shopify Payments Singapore, I believe they would need some sort of documentation to show you're legally trading in Singapore. Not everyone is asked for ID but it may come up since your business is based in different countries. 

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes