Shopify payments and selling alcohol in the UK

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi,

Can I use Shopify Payments to sell alcohol (wine) from a Shopify store and in person in the UK?

I have read the terms of service and alcohol is not listed as a prohibited product, but in the UK it is obviously "age restricted". I have seen a previous Shopify staff answer to a similar question earlier this year, but it is vague. Also, I know a number of other wine stores in the UK currently use Shopify Payments. (I have also spoken to chat support, who told me to read the terms of service.) I feel a bit like I'm going around in circles! 

If anyone can give me a definitive answer on this I'd be really grateful!

Best

Oli 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 115

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @OliverP1,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

I recently answered something similar here which should answer your query. Overall, you are welcome to use Shopify Payments and sell wine, however, all stores are manually reviewed by our Shopify Payments team and must meet certain criteria before the application can be accepted. These details can vary depending on where you are located but the team will be able to provide more info when reviewing your application.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi!

thank you so much for getting back to me - I really appreciate it!

Oli

1 Like