Shopify payments for USA LLC but non USA resident?

bestz9
1 0 0

Hello, 

I am a resident of the United Kingdom, and a citizen of Germany.
Both these countries support Shopify payments and I'm a director of a USA LLC to run my Online business. 

Will it be possible to open a Shopify account and start accepting payments through Shopify Payments
with our USA LLC but without a Social Security Number? Since I am (the director of the USA LLC) a resident of the United Kingdom
 I do not have an American SSN. 
But since he is a resident and citizen of two countries where Shopify payment
is available, will we be able to use Shopify payments to accept incoming transactions on our Shopify store? 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1993 147 424

Hey, @bestz9

We can review, and provide Shopify Payments for a different region on a case by case basis; however, we have very strict and specific requirements that must be met to review the request. To use Shopify Payments US instead of the UK you will need all of the following:

• Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  • A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN if you are an LLC/Corp
    2. SSN you are a Sole Proprietor
  • Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  • Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing you are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address).
  • A USD checking account opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it has to be a real US bank

If you do not have all of the above, then I'm afraid we will not be able to review the request and would require that you use Shopify Payments for your region. With that said, you can sell and get paid in different currencies with Shopify Payments without the need to switch regions. If you use Shopify Payments UK, you can sell in USD, and get paid in EUR, or USD, whichever you prefer. However, if there is a conversion required, you will pay a conversion fee. More information on selling and getting paid if different currencies can be found here

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes