Shopify payments option not showing

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I've recently set up my store. All good. Installed a new theme.

Now on my checkout page, I can only see Apple Pay or PayPal and not debit/credit card options. I signed up for Shopify payments and connected my accounts, but not seeing any other payment option formy users.

Any pointers?

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 52

Hi, Vincent. 

Once Shopify payments is enabled you will see the option to checkout with credit card as the default method. Not all themes will have a badge for credit checkout, like Paypal and Apple pay display as. However, it will be the default method and your checkout should look like this: 

You will see this page directly after the shipping information is entered in the checkout process. 

I have also sent you an email to follow up so we can take a look into your account directly, if there is still an issue! 

Talk soon, 

Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Morgan, thanks for coming back to me.

This is what I see :

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 52

Hi, Vincent!

The top part you see with Apple pay and Paypal will direct you to an external checkout. The bottom section is the first form for customers to fill out if they want to use a credit card. Once they fill out the shipping address and continue to the shipping method, they will be provided the final costs and then proceed to the billing information/checkout. 

Let me know if you have any questions. ?

Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I've recently set up my store. All good. Installed a new theme.

Now on my checkout page, I can only see PayPal option and not debit/credit card options.need your help.

Any pointers?

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

So, let me see if I get this straight... A customer cannot find a Credit/Debit card button unless they fill in information without a hint why they are filling it and then... AND ONLY THEN, they will see the CC/DC option at the very end? Can't you just put a button with the CC/DC as option and then fill in the rest of the information like the rest of the businesses in the planet?

Why would you choose this confusing payment system?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I agree, very confusing and misleading.

0 Likes