Shopify plan US shipping rate discount

inlander
Excursionist
56 0 11

It seems that the rates are the same for USPS across all Shopify plans.  Are the UPs ground rates different by plan?  I don’t see a way to get UPS rate calculator by plan.

Replies 8 (8)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @inlander,

Thanks for your question. 

If we look to our guide Shipping carriers and example rates, we can see not only the discounts available across different plans and carriers, but some examples of rates we might expect for various orders. In this case, for UPS specifically, we'll see a slightly greater discount applied for each Shopify plan upgrade. 

27-37-25155-50331

Although our Shopify Shipping Calculator is only available for USPS and DHL, if you're interested in estimating your UPS shipping costs, you can refer to their own shipping calculator here, bearing in mind that it won't take into consideration the discounts applied to each of our plans above. 

I hope this helps! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

inlander
Excursionist
56 0 11
Thanks. So per rate calculator, USPS domestic first class and priority rate is the same across all plan levels. For UPS, the difference between basic and advanced is just 1%?
June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

With some exceptions, there is typically an additional discount applied for each plan change - for both UPS and USPS. The chart I shared above shares the range of discounted pricing you can expect for each plan, though the Shopify Shipping Calculator is a great tool as well, for a closer cost estimation - bearing in mind that it's currently only possible to estimate USPS rates, rather than UPS. 

Looking at the Shipping Calculator now, if you enter two zip codes and a few sample package details, you will notice that the shipping costs are recalculated (and reduced) as you change from the Basic plan to the Shopify plan, for example. If you're not seeing those prices change, make sure you are clicking Calculate again once you've selected a new plan.  

inlander
Excursionist
56 0 11

without switching plan, I’m not seeing a way to compare UPS rate between basic and Shopify plans.

can anyone provide the current rate for a 2lb 12inx12x12 and a 20lb 12inx12x12 package between zip code 10001 and 90001 (NYC to LA) under the two plans?   Greatly appropriated.

Theres no difference between the two plans for USPS based on the rate calculator.  Yes I did press calculate.  If you see something different for USPS, please post the rate.

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

I'd be happy to!

I've highlighted one of the shipping services below just to show how the rates change between each plan. 

That said, I did notice the rates didn't update immediately when I switched plans, even using different zip codes and package sizes. I'll let our team know today that our Shipping Calculator may be experiencing some delays. In the meantime, clearing your cache may help on your end, though I apologize if our tool is not working as effortlessly as it should be. Thanks for pointing this out! 

02-07-42152-37112

02-10-50129-35587

inlander
Excursionist
56 0 11

the same package under the two plans have a $10 or almost 50% price difference?  And showing one is 19% saving and one is 23% saving?

Something seems to be very wrong with the rate calculator

inlander
Excursionist
56 0 11

anyone care about this confusing/wrong/misleading rate display?  or that my math is wrong and someone can explain the rate display is accurate?

bliase33
Visitor
1 0 0

You can strive out HypeCart that's incredible for upsells and cross sells both inside the cart and after the checkout. If it would not work together with your subject tool, simply allow us to realize thru the app and we will sort it for you!