Shopify plan with real time carrier shipping?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Hi there,

I am just building my shopify store and have a basic plan currently.  I am going to need a quite sophisticated shipping set up developing though that allows me to restrict product groups by region and only display the appropriate shipping methods for the items in my cart, i.e. if I have product X that has same day delivery but can only go to region A, if region B is added, this particular shipping method is not displayed.

I don't want to updgade to an Advanced plan at the moment but I can't integrate a number of shipping apps as it says I need a plan with real time carrier shipping.

Can I get this option added to my plan without paaying for the complete Advanced option.

If someone can point me in the right direction of where to go from here.  My store is based in the UK.

Cheers

Dean

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 103

Hi there Dean!

Don here from Shopify!

The real-time carrier shipping (or carrier-calculated shipping) add-on can be added to a lower plan level than Advanced as you hoped. :)

This can be added as a monthly add-on for $20 USD extra per month or can be given for free if you choose to pay your Shopify plan annually rather than monthly (in addition to the 10% annual discount) so can represent a great saving!

If you haven't already, just get in touch with us via our support site where we'll be able to add this on for you or help you to make any other plan changes you need.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey Dean,

Once you get the Carrier Calculated Shipping Rates feature added as per Don’s instructions, I invite you look into our advanced shipping calculation app, Intuitive Shipping, which would be a great solution to the complex shipping needs you outlined in your question. Our Conditions system, which is exclusive to Intuitive Shipping lets you easily assign rules and restrictions to your rates, making complex setups like yours easier to manage.

Your setup is eerily similar to one that we helped a merchant with yesterday - I had to double check you weren’t her lol!

We offer a free 14-day live trial of the app, which is unlimited in Testing Mode (the app defaults to this status so any changes you make won’t affect your live store), so please feel free to poke around and try it out. I notice you’re still building your store, so you can leave it in testing mode for as long as you need until you launch your store.

If you need any assistance in getting things set up, please reach out to us at support@intuitiveshipping.com and we can arrange a call.

Warm regards,
Sharon

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
424 5 28

To add carrier calculated shipping, there are 3 options:

• Upgrade your plan to Advanced Shopify Plan
  • Add this feature for an additional $20/month on your current Shopify plan
  • Choose yearly subscription for your current Shopify plan, with which you can get this option for free.

Once done, you can check. out the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app that will help you handle your shipping needs as mentioned in your query.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I would like the real time carrier shipping for my store so I can effectively use a specific app*. I am on the shopify plan but don’t want to buy an annual plan. If I downgrade my store to basic and pay the annual amount, will I then have access to real time carrier shipping? 
Also, I don’t want it to over-ride my existing Royal Mail weight based shipping rates, is this manageable ? 
*Reason - I offer a local delivery service rate and various shipping service rates and customers who are having their item shipped continue to use the ‘local delivery’ shipping service which is the cheapest but is not the correct shipping service for a posted item. I cannot differentiate by postcode without real time shipping apparently, Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

I'm actually on the same page as you, getting pretty sick and tired of all the extra apps and costs.

I've done some calculation and It's going to be cheaper for us to downgrade to Basic and just get the extra apps for the features we need rather than paying 299 USD a month. Not sure if that business model makes sense for Shopify but there's so many features that are missing IMO.

In this case, setting specific rates for specific zip codes is not rocket science. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello! How can I change my plane to pay yearly so that I can take advantage of the shipping features?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there any link to this app? I'm searching it like crazy but no hints whatsoever. And the addon Percelify

@Don wrote:

Hi there Dean!

Don here from Shopify!

The real-time carrier shipping (or carrier-calculated shipping) add-on can be added to a lower plan level than Advanced as you hoped. :)

This can be added as a monthly add-on for $20 USD extra per month or can be given for free if you choose to pay your Shopify plan annually rather than monthly (in addition to the 10% annual discount) so can represent a great saving!

If you haven't already, just get in touch with us via our support site where we'll be able to add this on for you or help you to make any other plan changes you need.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

would need to enable it. How??

0 Likes