Shopify returning to checkout from Paypal

Highlighted
1 0 0
A number of our customers have reported that when trying to pay via PayPal, they put in their details but instead of completing the order on completion, it sends them back to Basket again. We’ve asked them to clear cookies and try again but 3 separate people have reported the issue now. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 100 243

Hey there, @foxcote90 

Bo here from Shopify Support.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Have you been able to replicate it on your end? As it has occurred for three separate customers it does sound like it may be an issue. Can you confirm that the PayPal account is a merchant account? In my experience, when users add personal accounts to their Shopify stores issues like this can occur.

If this is a merchant account, I would then recommend deactivating the gateway. Once deactivated you can then add it again. This will help reconfigure the gateway with your store and prevent this from happening again.

If this error occurs once again after reconfiguring the gateway I would recommend reaching out to PayPal here so that they can investigate this on their end for you. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes