Shopify's Fraud Risk Filter - Settings??

Highlighted
2 0 0

Are there any settings for Shopify Fraud filter?

We're getting almost every single order as "Low Risk" yet if you look into some there are occasions where the IP address is in a completely different country to the delivery address yet it flags as low risk!?

What's low risk about that?

I can't find any settings or any way to adjust this, we need to filter any orders that are placed from outside of the UK as they are 99% likely to be fraud.

Our Shopify stores are linked into Linnworks so my order team will have to manually go through two Shopify stores to check each order which obviously is not ideal!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @CraigW,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Just to confirm, do you mean the Fraud Filter app or do you mean natively in the admin? If the Fraud Filter app doesn't seem to be quite what you need there are some other apps in the Shopify App store which I would also recommend looking into using. Let's look at some of the most popular ones below:

If it is the Shopify Fraud Filter you are currently using also, I will mention this to the team to look into further.

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick,

We're not currently using any other apps, just the default "Fraud Analysis". I understand it doesn't automatically hold orders but it should at least pick up on "suspicious" things and set to something other than Low.

It turns out that one of these orders was legitimate, however either way it should still flag it surely?

I was going to install your Fraud prevention app but the reviews are so poor I didn't bother.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @CraigW,

I would suggest still having a fraud filter app over nothing even if the reviews aren't great for instances like this. Some of the above apps have free plans worth looking into also. Hopefully, it can give you that little bit more assurance. I completely see what you mean, but I would recommend having something here. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
125 7 30

You might want to consider Arigato for some of this. It uses Shopify's fraud detection system, but you can manually set up your own conditions and decide what to do with the order, either automatically capture payment or tag the order for manual review, email someone, etc. Arigato can do many many other things, this is just a single use case. Check our workflow library for ideas on dealing with fraud. Most of our customers also use the app for other things, like tagging, emails, etc. If you need a hand, reach out through the in-app chat. Happy to help. :)

https://apps.shopify.com/mr-arigato-task-automator

https://www.apps.bonify.io/arigato-automation-shopify

0 Likes