Shopify shipping adding lbs to my package

Solved
Highlighted
3 1 0

I have carefully set up the shipping rates for weights with each level starting at the next number.  For example:

2.1 lbs to 5 lbs

5.1 lbs to 15 lbs  Etc...

I have items that weigh 8 oz and they are generally bought 100 units or more at a time.  I tried entering 110 units (55 lbs) and the cart should calculate the shipping at $40.  But it is calculating it at $60.  I've carefully gone over those rates for weight and they are all correct.  There is no way that it is picking up 2 different shipping rates.  And its not just one product, its several products with the same weight that are frequently bought in large volume.

I'm open to any suggestions.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I think I just solved this issue.  After writing my post, I finally found a post that suggested changing the .1's to .01's so there is no confusion over the cart picking up multiple rates.  Changed them all the .01 and it checks out at $40 for 110 units.

Hope this helps someone else.

Happy shipping!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
6 0 0

I have to set shipping rates like -

if product price is greater than $50 and

weight smaller than 2 lb I will charge only $1 

ELSE

if product price is greater than $50 and weight is greater than 2 lb shipping will be $8

how can I do it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
6 0 0

I have solved it myself. Working Good with the condition. I wrote script.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello, I would like to ask how to dynamically display freight in the page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
6 0 0

are you using gold? If yes you can write script in the script editor, apply discount and can do many stuffs.

0 Likes