Shopify won't let me add my credit card for billing

hokoda
Visitor
2 0 3

I'm trying to purchase my first theme (still under the 3 month trial). It takes me to Add A Credit Card to purchase the theme since I haven't linked any payment method to my account. When I click on add credit card it just sits there loading, and it never loads. I see a little blue bar along the header slowly inching across my screen, but I sat there for ten minutes and it never loaded. This is seriously hindering my ability to build out the store.

Please help

Replies 15 (15)

shopguy1111
Visitor
2 0 0

The same thing is happening to me... Any help?

hokoda
Visitor
2 0 3
Yes. Don’t buy before you add a credit card or it takes you to a broken
page that doesn’t look broken. Go to your settings separately and then to
billing and Add card. Then it works. No idea why it doesn’t if a link takes
you to that page.
shopguy1111
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you! That worked!

epets
Visitor
1 0 1

sorry this did not work for me , im not sure how else to add my CC

Saskiamil
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, experiencing same problem. 
Nothing seems to work : not the app, not on another browser or icognito, and in my settings I don't have billing...
Anyone have an answer to this?

NatSko
Visitor
2 0 0

Me too I can't add my credit card to start my trial. Tried Google Chrome, Safari and on my phone but the Credit Card Text Field seems to be locked!?

ImHector
Tourist
6 0 6

Did you find the solution?

Fleshbeatz
Visitor
1 0 0

Dont use autofill or paste, type it all in manually

Shzms
Visitor
1 0 0

I just created an account. Make sure the expiration date includes 2 digit month and 4 digit years

ImHector
Tourist
6 0 6

You created a new account?

bigevilgenius
Visitor
2 0 1

Same thing is still happening to me. It's Dec 2022 and I can't add my CC. The "Add credit card" button stays gray and there is NOTHING else that lets me know what is happening. I'm on Safari. It should not be this hard.

NatSko
Visitor
2 0 0

I cleared my browser history and it worked. Odd (considering the issue remained on several different browsers and the app) but try it!

bigevilgenius
Visitor
2 0 1

Wanna know what eventually helped me, everyone? Typing the expiration date as MM/YY instead of MM/YYYY as it was written in gray letters in the box. Ridiculous. 

So, so far, the steps to get this to work seem to include:

1) Type everything manually. No copy/pasting/autofilling allowed. Apparently, this form can't handle it.

2) There are no error messages to help you see why the form won't submit. So, good luck figuring it out.

3) If there is gray text in any box to help you fill out the form, ignore it. It's wrong. Do it your way several times and in many different ways and hope that it ultimately submits.

4) Clear your cache, restart your browser, or throw out your computer out of a window and buy a new one. 

5) Despite there being "shop" right there in the name, do NOT shop! If this form smells any other CC number before it's ready, it will pitch a fit and fail -- but of course, without telling you why.

6) Complain online into the void and hope someone else in your boat has the solution. 

7) If all else fails, stand facing West during a full moon and pray to a goat. It might not help with other online forms, but with this form, it just might do the trick.

I've been a computer programmer for 15 years. I have two degrees in Computers. Shame on whoever programmed this. It should have never passed QA.

MikeElohim1
Visitor
1 0 0

SAME THING IN FEB 2023! WHAT I GOT TO WORK WAS ADD MY CC TO MY PAYPAL ACCT AND THEN USE PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT METHOD! IF IT WORKS FOR YOU GO CHECK OUT MY INSTA! @THIRD_EYE_JEDI

jennifer53
Visitor
1 0 0

I tried closing the app restarting my phone and pc, I tried adding PayPal (doesn't want to add PayPal) it says I should check the information typed to make sure its correct, any advice?