Show Vendor on Order?

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello! I need to show the VENDOR on my orders - this is mainly because I need that info to come through on the packing slip. My warehouse team need to know the vendor. Is there any way to get that info to show here? Many thanks!

vendor.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
123 6 29

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Cali_Store ,

Fran here from Shopify!

What you're asking may be possible (depending on the theme you're using at the moment)- if the vendor information comes through with the product information on the order page.

What theme are you using at the moment? Is it one of our free Shopify themes? 

You will need to do some testing of the JSON data coming through to determine that - here’s two help guides which should help.

If you want to do this yourself, you would need to be comfortable with JSON data. 

If you are using a free Shopify theme you could be eligible for 60 minutes of free design time (if you didn't avail of them already), and our Theme support could use it to take a look into it and help you; I would just to make clear that it will require some testing and may not be possible eventually.

In case you decide to proceed in that sense, you will need to contact our Support with your request, referring to this post to give them some context.

As alternative, if you think that having the vendor on the packing slip only could be enough, you could look into customize your packing slip itself.
If you are using our free app Order Printer for this purpose, you can take a look to this document, Customizing Order Printer Templates, and follow these instructions.

Once again in this case, you will need to be familiar with knowledge of HTML and Liquid, because you will need to use Liquid variables to add the order details and HTML to add formatting.

Another option to add the information you need to your order templates would be to hire one of our Experts, to help you with the customization.

Hope this helps!

All the Best,

Fran 

Fran | Language Care Guru @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks Fran! The Order Printer Solution totally fixed the issue. Thanks!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
123 6 29

Hi @Cali_Store ,

that's great!! 

Happy I could help you to sort it out! 

Fran | Language Care Guru @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Fran

I am following up on this thread as I kind of have the some problems. And I also found Order Print to be perfect. When printing. But I still wonder if there is a way to get the Vendor Name on the order view it self (when in browser and/or app view) when you look at orders. That should so much change our work flow to the better as we have many products from different vendors with similar names and its easy to make mistakes in fulfilling sometimes

Thanks in advance

Stefan

0 Likes