Show accelerated payment methods on checkout payment step (not just cart page)

Janna
4 0 0

Is it possible to show the accelerated payment methods on the checkout payment step in addition to the Credit Card form? Right now, they just show on the cart page.

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1107 74 180

Hi @Janna,

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

Thank you for reaching out. I'm happy to take a look at this for you. I have a few questions that I want to ask so that I can understand what it is that you're looking to do:

- Can you take a screenshot or provide a link to your store of what you're seeing? 

- Which payment methods did you want to show on the checkout page?

- Which page of the checkout do you want to show these payment methods?

- Are you looking to show the payment methods only on the checkout, or do you want it on the cart page as well? 

Once I have more information of what you're hoping to do, I can dig into this for you.

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Janna
4 0 0

Thank you Tira for replying. Answers to your questions are below:

- Can you take a screenshot or provide a link to your store of what you're seeing?  https://summitergo.com/cart. On this page, the accelerated checkout payment methods (Google Pay, Shop Pay, Apple Pay) show.

- Which payment methods did you want to show on the checkout page? I'd like to show these methods in addition to the credit card method on the checkout page so that if someone missed it on the cart, they can still use this method if they prefer. http://nimb.ws/wd96uf

- Which page of the checkout do you want to show these payment methods? See above...I'd like it with the other payment (credit card) info

- Are you looking to show the payment methods only on the checkout, or do you want it on the cart page as well? Yes. I'd like them on both in case someone didn't see these options on the cart page. We are trying various steps to reduce checkout abandonment including offering more ways to pay

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1107 74 180

Thank you for answering my questions, @Janna. This is helpful and I can see what you mean.

It sounds like you are looking to make sure that your accelerated checkouts are easily seen, to ensure your customers can make their purchase with different payment methods. 

I did some digging and you can have the accelerated checkouts shown on the cart page or the checkout page on the first page. This is because these are displayed based on whether a cookie is either present or not when the buyer arrives on the first page of the checkout. The cookie is added to the browser session where the session passes through a cart page that contains the button code in the document, whether the buttons are visible or not. If this cookie is added to the cart page, then the buttons will not be shown at checkout. 

Would you like to move your buttons over to the first page of the checkout? If you're interested, please reply to this thread and I can send this request up to our team to take a look at for you. 

0 Likes
Janna
4 0 0

Yes, we would prefer to have the accelerated methods on the first step of the checkout rather than the cart. On the cart page, they might seem confusing to users who are looking for credit card options or users might be confused as to whether they must select one of these accelerated methods. The choice should be on the checkout payment step. 

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1107 74 180

Thank you for confirming, @Janna. I can absolutely see that this would benefit you and your customers to have your accelerated payment options available on the first page of checkout. 

I've sent an email to the email address listed in your Shopify Community profile. Please check your inbox and reply with your myshopify.com URL, so that I can authenticate you on your account and send this request to our design team. 

I look forward to your reply,

0 Likes
BohoKevin
7 0 0

Tira,

I am in need of exactly the same thing.  Can you help me with this too?

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1107 74 180

Hi, @BohoKevin.

Thanks for joining our thread.  Are you looking to add your accelerated checkout buttons to the first page of your checkout, or to the second page of checkout? Could you provide a screenshot of what your checkout looks like currently?

The reason I want to confirm this is because I went to the store URL listed in your email address on your Shopify Community profile and it looks like you already have accelerated checkout added to the first page of your checkout. 

Let me know if this is looking different on your end with more details, and I would be happy to forward your request. 

Talk soon,

0 Likes
Wildsider
5 0 0

Hi there,

I have experienced the same problem. A customer described the following (italics):

Problem seems to exist if you click to Pay from basket - takes you to a screen to choose delivery address (*my products are pick up only)... if you just click checkout I can only pay by card, not Gpay. Same issue described by another customer in relation to Apple Pay.

Same customer goes on to to say - If I put one loaf in the cart, go to cart and then click Gpay it doesn't prompt for address. If I add two loaves, it does. If I remove 1 loaf, it still prompts.

I would also like the accelerated pay options to appear at checkout.

Welcome any advice. 

Thanks

Ruth

0 Likes
Wildsider
5 0 0

Hi there,

I have experienced the same problem. A customer described the following (italics):

Problem seems to exist if you click to Pay from basket - takes you to a screen to choose delivery address (*my products are pick up only)... if you just click checkout I can only pay by card, not Gpay. Same issue described by another customer in relation to Apple Pay.

Same customer goes on to to say - If I put one loaf in the cart, go to cart and then click Gpay it doesn't prompt for address. If I add two loaves, it does. If I remove 1 loaf, it still prompts.

I would also like the accelerated pay options to appear at checkout.

Welcome any advice. 

Thanks

Ruth

0 Likes