Showing Customers an estimated shipping date when buying

Highlighted
1 0 0

We are just about to launch a new bicycle/frame brand and arrival dates of these new products are scattered, but I have the dates. We want to accept pre-paid orders from customers just like selling a normal product but of course want them to be fully aware of the wait time they are committing to. Are there recommended apps or existing functionality to display this on the product page per SKU?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
561 45 125

Hi, @Cyclorise.

Julie here from Shopify Support.

First off, congratulations on "gearing" up towards your launch! If you haven't already done so, I recommend checking out our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist; it's a great resource to help you ensure you've completely all the necessary steps before you start selling.

Have you considered adding the arrival date to each product description? This would be a pretty simple way to communicate these dates with customers and wouldn't require you to use an app. If you want to make this particular message stand out, then you can use the rich text editor to increase the font size for the arrival date message. 

That being said, there are some apps that will allow you to display shipping/delivery estimates on your product pages. Some popular options I suggest looking into include Fulfillment Estimates, Order Delivery Estimationand Order Delivery Date EstimationAll of these apps have excellent reviews and are highly customizable, allowing you to set shipping/delivery estimates for each product and have them displayed on their product pages. 

Lastly, how are you going to be accepting pre-paid orders for these products? Are you going to be using a pre-order app? With a pre-order app, you'll be able to specify which products are available for pre-order and accept payment from customers before the product is in stock by replacing the "Add to Cart" button with a "Pre-order" button. Some of these apps also offer automated emails so that customers can be notified when the product arrives.

While I'm not quite sure if these apps give you the ability to add the arrival date, based on their app description, it does look like Coming Soon Products Preorders supports this feature. If you're looking for an all-in-one solution to accept pre-orders and display arrival dates on your product page, then this app would definitely be worth considering. Feel free to check out the example store they've linked in the app's About page and take advantage of their free trial. 

I hope this helps! I'm also curious to know which app works the best for you. Feel free to browse the options above and let me know which one you like the most.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes