Signed up for a month of shopify, getting billed for a second one without my approval.

ajenterprises
2 0 0

This post is aimed at the support team as you can tell from the title.

I Happily paid for the monthly shopify plan last month as it was my first time starting out an E-Commerce business, things didn't go super well but I learned alot so it has been a positive experience overall. That was before getting billed for a second month, despite me not signing up to the yearly plan, I expected my plan to be a one time payment, for one month as stated that I could renew by doing the same action the next month if wanted.

This is an issue as I would say shopify's communication about the matter wasn't the clearest. I think a refund is definitely within the realm of what's acceptable and this is what i'm asking for.

Hoping the support team will get back to me asap.

0 Likes
Lulu
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 188

Hey, @ajenterprises!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

Congratulations on starting out on your eCommerce journey and I am so glad to hear it was a positive experience overall. I am sorry to hear that you were billed unexpectedly but Shopify is a monthly commitment until your store is cancelled. If you would like to close your store within 72 hours of paying your invoice then I can certainly look into a refund for you.

I definitely understand that starting a business and running is successfully is hard. I spend every day helping merchants answer a range of different questions about their business. As an advisor, I'm not just here to provide you with technical support but I can also help you better understand what might be working (or not working) and how our platform can power your business.

I'd love to talk to you more about what your business was struggling with and why it didn't go super well you felt? Can you tell me a little bit about your experience with Shopify so far?

If you are sure you'd like to cancel and get a refund, however, due to security reasons, I’m not able to actually cancel your shop for you, but here’s how to close up your Shopify Shop in just a few clicks.

To cancel your store, log into your admin and follow these steps:

• Click on "Settings", then "Plans and permissions" or "Account"
  • Scroll to the bottom and click "Close my store"
  • There is a guide in our help centre with steps you can follow here too.

Please let me know once your store has been cancelled and I can authenticate your account and have a closer look at what I can do for you.

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

ajenterprises
2 0 0

Hey @Lulu 

I appreciate the quick and complete response, I just don't have sufficient funds to drive as much traffic as I would need onto my website so I'm putting it on hold for the time being.

My store has been canceled, we can proceed to the next steps.

0 Likes
Lulu
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 188

Hi, @ajenterprises.

Thank you for getting back to me. I completely understand where you are coming from. Sure, I can help you out with that. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder as sometimes the email will land there.

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes