Why am I encountering a Skrill payment error on my Shopify website?

sheezasonline
Excursionist
19 0 10

Hi,

I have registered with Skrill , but I can't figure out how to add this payment gateway to my website. I can't find 'a secret word' (as described in the shopify manual) on the skrill website. I connected only with email address of skrill account. but when I try to buy a test product to see if the payment process works I get this error

{"code":"BAD_REQUEST","message":"Invalid parameter"} or

{"code":"BAD_REQUEST","message":"Missing pay_to_email or merchant_id parameter"}

Help, please? 🙂

Replies 14 (14)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask which country you are based in and have your Shopify store set up in, please? The reason I ask is just to be sure Shopify is partnered with the Skrill payment gateway for that country. 

The secret word seems like something that Skrill would give you to verify your account on Shopify for the setup. I'm not familiar with Skrill so I'm not 100% on that, but it could be worth reaching out to the support team at Skrill to see if this is indeed the case. You can contact Skrill's support team from the link here. Shopify also has a helpful information document going through the details for how to add a third party payment provider which you might find useful here

Hope this helps and looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

sheezasonline
Excursionist
19 0 10

Hi Nick,

I am from Pakistan. The Shopify does not show Skrill as Payments gateway for Pakistan, but Skrill does work in Pakistan.  Skrill has not given me any secret word, but I will definitely contact Skrill support for this issue. Can you please confirm what type of Skrill account works with Shopify. There is a Personal Account and a Business Account. If you are not familiar with Skrill, then please get me through to someone who knows about Skrill. 

Thanks and Regards

asadleghari
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey there, were you able to resolve your problem? I am stuck in the same boat and seems like 2checkout is our only option?

sheezasonline
Excursionist
19 0 10
No.
I am still using 2 Checkout. It is the only option.
4 0 0

Dear sheezasonline

Are you using only one gateway in pakistan for your shopify store i-e 2checkout?

sheezasonline
Excursionist
19 0 10
Yes. I am using only 2 Checkout.
huzaifkhatri
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, Can you please help me how to register 2checkout account as once I have registered, and they declined my verification, and now I can't even login on that email and can't make other account and add same store link. it says that I am already registered but I can't login

4 0 0

Dear Nick

I am from pakistan and creating personal shopify store. I have completed all tasks in order to create store. But i am one step far to get online my store.

I have no gateway yet. As in pakistan, only 2checkout is available as a gateway. I am little bit confused about that either i first get plan for shopify store or get register into 2checkout. Because there is one condition of 2checkout that your business website must be online/love. 

If i get plan and get my store online without any gateway. It will be useless. Please guid me in this regard and let me know any other gateways available in Pakistan for shopify store. Your reply will be high appreciated.

Regards

Maask

sheezasonline
Excursionist
19 0 10
Hi,

The only gateway option is 2Checkout. Don't go for shopify plan yet. Use
your 14 days trial and get your store online. Then apply for 2Checkout.
2Checkout will review your store and all products, so it is important that
your store should be online.
4 0 0

Dear Sheezaonline

Thankyou for your kind reply. I will purchase plan and get online in order to get register with 2checkout. However i have tried to integrate payment provider with my paypal account now and it is activated. I dont know how.;-)

Hilda7
12 0 0

Hello @sheezasonline,

You can connect Scrill codeless with Checkify app (and many other payment gateways). Check wether it will be helpful for your case: https://checkify.pro/

Mazimpaka
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello @sheezasonline ,

I have a similar problem with my store and Skrill. Please, if you have got a working solution, let me know so that I can use it.

Monzat
Visitor
2 0 0

Dear mazimpaka i have replied a solution keep me updated if it works

Monzat
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello dear friend from pakistan 

i am not an employee from shopify but i have solved this problem

that problem happens because the sercret word is not provided 

and im assuming you dont know what the secret word is because you did no activate your skrill account same thing happened to me but i managed to fix it apparently in foreign countries you dont get the option to activate your skrill account so to do so press on the pay online option and go through the verification process if adding your number, date of birth and address after doing so go to the next page and you will get a popup of creating a pin that pin is the secret word shopify needs so type it out and then go to the next page and add a credit card preferably visa mastercard is a bit of a hassle and then after that you are ready to use skrill 

i really hope it works out for you and i hope your business works out i have a very special love for all e-commerce partners and the community 

all the best