Small Inventory Fulfillment Advice

Highlighted

I have a very small inventory that I currently actively manage, pretty much out of two shoeboxes. My store specializes in selling high quality metal goods such as pens, keychains and carabiners. Because these Items are so small and easily packable, I have been running the fulfillment system on my own means, simply storing my entire inventory in my bedroom (< 200 units total). But, right now I’m in kind of a weird spot where I will be living in Europe from September until January. I don’t want to just close my store because I can’t ship items out on my own, but I have been in contact with several fulfillment services and the fees that I have been quoted are extremely high. My store is not super high volume (1-5 sales per month), and it doesn’t make a ton of sense to use a large fulfillment service for shipping. Most of my inventory is quite simple and small enough to fit in a briefcase. Obviously, I can’t take my entire inventory to Europe to then ship it back to customers in the US, I’d just get killed by shipping costs. Any advice on how to approach this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Could you have a friend take over for a short time? Or maybe hire a college kid to work for you just doing fulfillments?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I could probably hire a local college kid, do you have any ideas how I might go about finding someone like that? Craigslist, or classifieds or something? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
A lot of colleges have job boards where you can post about a job you have
to hire. I’ve used our “Nextdoor” app and Facebook jobs to find people for
0 Likes