Small Parcel and LTL/Freight Shipping Options

Highlighted
1 0 0

Can anyone give me a good option for a one-stop-shop app that will give me to ability to correctly quote shipping rates for both small parcel packages as well as LTL/freight shipments? I'm working on getting our online shop setup and am getting frustrated with all the options that seem to be only half of what I need. 

My shop sells large architectural antiques (doors, furniture, bath tubs, iron lamp posts, etc) as well as gifts and collectibles. So I can be shipping a t-shirt one minute and a bar table made out of a salvaged airplane wing the next...from flat rate envelopes to 8 foot crates. I need an app that also a section for product dimensions which will be especially important for LTL/freight quote accuracy. 

The small parcel side isn't what keeps me up at night, its getting the LTL/freight quote accurate when the customer places an order. The last thing I want to do is lose money on shipping or have to call a customer and ask for more money to cover the shipping cost. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @APH82,

Not sure about other carriers, but I can suggest FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking App. It gives you the option to specify weight and dimensions for your products. This will enable you to correctly quote shipping rates for both small parcel packages and LTL/freight shipments as you mentioned.

Hope that helps :) 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi There!

I'm looking for the same shipping solutions as I set up my Shopify store.  Our products range from as light as a couple of ounces and up to 2,000lbs, from using padded mailers to pallets.

Have you found a solution yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

If you're still looking for a solution to this, Intuitive Shipping offers calculations for FedEx LTL, as well as a number of other carriers for standard packages, at checkout. You can set rules based on dimensions or by product groups so that you're always calculating the rates in the correct way, as well as add any shipping costs together, if there is a cart with both. I'd be happy to answer any questions about this for you, too, if you'd like.

Thanks!  

Customer Success Lead @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted

I can definitely give you a solution for this. You can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app which has support for both normal shipping as well as freight shipping. The only thing that you would require is separate accounts - one for FedEx shipping another for freight shipping. However, the challenge would be to manage both kinds of products. We get a lot of queries when it comes to packaging them. For example, what if you get an order for a freight item and a small one. How would you want to pack them? If there is space left in the freight packaging, would you opt to send the normal item along with it or separately. These questions need some time and planning and also some hit and trial to get it correct a 100%. However, getting it correct shall be fulfilling. It would be great if you can share your experience.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

APH82,

We find ourselves in your same position. We ship many parcel units, but are adding larger furniture pieces that will need to ship freight.

Did you find something that worked for your business? We are locked into a UPS account so changing carriers is not an option right now (without penalty).

Shopify shipping issues are a huge frustration for the business.

Best,

Shannon

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi RGCGL,

Did you figure out a work around for your issue? We ship parcel, but are starting to ship furniture and keep hitting dead ends.

Thank you,

Shannon

0 Likes