Solutions for Small Business / Venture One Shipping Options for Canada Post?

2 0 0

Hi,

I'm new to Shopify and really loving the experience so far!

I have a client who would like to setup shipping rates from Canada Post's "Solutions for Small Business" (formerly "Venture One"). 

Currently, it appears that this setting is only available for the "Advanced Shopify" or "Shopify Plus" plans, which are enterprise level products:  
https://help.shopify.com/manual/shipping/rates-and-methods/calculated-rates/canada-post

My client is an older gentleman and he would prefer to avoid using Shopping Shipping if possible. He's used to simply getting orders via email, packing products and heading to the post office in person. Keeping track of labels payments and voided payments would be difficult for him and he's definitely not tech savy.

Is there a way to setup "Solutions for Small Business" for Basic Shopify accounts?

Alternatively, is it possible to use Shopify Shipping without printing the labels out at home? Would he be able to head to Canada Post in person and get the same rate the customer was charged with Shopify Shipping on checkout? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
14 0 1

Hi, 

Keith here, I’m a part of the Guru Team at Shopify! 

Great question, in order to integrate Canada Post rates at check-out you will need access to Carrier Calculated Shipping API. Yes, this is included with Advanced and Plus plans, but our merchants also have two other options to include it with the Basic and Shopify Plan. We can add it to a monthly subscription for an additional $20 a month or currently we are running a promotion where we will include it with an annual subscription. 

Shopify Shipping will enable Canada Post Calculated rates and you are not required to purchase the labels afterwards. He can go to the post office and buy the labels but our rates are discounted rates that inherent to Shopify Shipping. Going directly to the post office my be more expensive than printing them off from the admin. Depending on the rate your client has negotiated with Canada Post, it may be better to use his own account through the Carrier Calculated Shipping API. 

To get either of these options going, simply[contact](https://help.shopify.com/questions) our support team who would be happy to help make the switch for you!

Happy selling!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Excellent - this is fantastic, my client will definitely be relieved!

I couldn't find any of the points you mentioned above in the documentation anywhere, so thanks for the feedback.

I'll follow-up with the annual plan and get the Canada Post rates enabled and update this ticket for any knowledge transfer for other users. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
304 0 7

You can definitely activate this feature in the Basic Shopify plan.

You can remain on the Basic Shopify plan and add the live carrier rates feature for as little as $0/month if you switch to yearly billing (this also saves you 10% off your plan, so for a lot of users this is the way to go), or you can add it for $20/month a-la-carte. You can add this feature to your plan by contacting Shopify 

I can understand that your client being old does not want to go into the nitty grtties of technology hence he is comfortable going to the post office. However, if he uses Shopify shipping for showing discounted rates at checkout, then he will incur a loss as Shopify has extensive discounted rates and once he goes to the post office, he will be charged higher rates. A better option for this purpose is to go with his own account. He can use his account to generate rates and then go to the post office and get the labels generated. Or else, if you are willing to put in just a little more effort in teaching your client technology, then he can save a lot by just going with Shopify Shipping. A little bit more technology awareness can even make him capable of using special services of Canada post like signature and coverage through the Multi Carrier Shipping label app.

0 Likes