Some basic question about shipping

2 0 0
Dear shopify help center!

I have some basic question about shopify.

Firstly: I found a nice bracelet with oberlo what I imported to my store. I set up prices and pictures so these products are on my main page. I set the shipping method which is epacket for all of my product. Does the factory which will produce my product know the shipping method? Cause if yes, I would write the product description the 30-35-day delivery which is marked at AliExpress as "Estimated Delivery Time". Also, I would like to ask what will happen if the delivery option I choose is not available for a country?

My second question is: I live in Hungary and I would be selling for US or Europe. The taxes and fees are always 2.9% + 0,3€ or I should expect more fees from my country? (I am in 14-day trial now) 

Thank you!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1486 54 166

Hi @xJulious,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great to hear you have started a store and good questions. 

It's hard to know exactly if the factory where your products are known the shipping method without some more details or taking a closer look into your store admin/ Oberlo admin. The content team at Shopify wrote a great blog post about ePacket and everything there is to know about it which you can read here which might help shed some light for you. The content team at Oberlo have a great YouTube video also going into detail of exactly how ePacket works which you can see below.

The majority of the products in the Oberlo marketplace are eligible for ePacket delivery, but not all of them. But should you have any other questions about this, I would recommend reaching out to the Oberlo support team directly here

Regarding your question around fees, this would be determined primarily by what payment gateway you are using. You mentioned you are based in Hungary and would need to use a payment gateway which Shopify is partnered with out of Hungary. You can see these gateways here. Your best bet would be to reach out to the gateways you are interested in and ask them directly about their fees. 

I hope this helps!

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes