'Some items in your cart don’t ship to your location'

shopfy-2020
7 0 0

I am absolutely INFURIATED. There are over a thousand pounds of orders that are abandoned and not processed - hidden in abandoned carts - all of them which says "Some items in your cart don’t ship to your location". I have no location restrictions at all.

How can Shopify have a system that is this complex that you don't get a streamline and stable payment and cart setup? You get no notifications that carts are abandoned or that there are acount issues like this.. The shipping has been setup for each region, all rates are setup - no idea how this message comes up.

Shopify really is not fit for purpose. It is extremely labour intensive, outdated, poorly structured, covered in bugs and just not a good ecom platform. I also get a 'domain verification pending' notice and email doesn't get verified although it has been verified, the domain has been verified and is not pending. I spent one hour with support on this. This platform is an outdated mess.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1268 78 161

Hi there @shopfy-2020!

Don here from Shopify.

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with some of your orders being abandoned at the checkout.

While some abandoned carts would be expected, we can take a look at why these are happening for your store with that specific error message.

You mentioned in your post here that you had no location restrictions in place, so I would assume you have set up shipping profiles and zones to cover any locations you wish to ship to?

If so, could you just examine the abandoned checkouts you see there to see if they share a common location (all in one country or region) so we can use that to check against your shipping setup?

The next thing you'd be checking then is your setting > shipping menu to see if the places these orders are being made are covered by your settings.

Check this menu to see if the region involved in these orders has a shipping profile set up which includes any products you sell to that region.

If you can confirm where these orders are coming from and that you have got the products they wished to purchase assigned to a shipping profile for this region we can look into any other reasons this might not be working for you.

You mentioned also that you would prefer to be notified by Shopify when you have gotten an abandoned checkout; I can file a feature request for this functionality on your behalf from here if you can share some info on why this is important to your business and a link to your store that would be great! 

I look forward to working with you further on this.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
shopfy-2020
7 0 0

After spending over an hour with support they figured out to resolve the 'not shipping to your location' issue. This really should be a default setup in Shopify but once more, the platform is simply way outdated.

The volume of problems with Shopify is staggering This doesn't seem to be a suitable platform for ecom. We pay the monthly fee in assumption we get a stable ecom platform that is properly structured, and it simply doesn't seem to be.

Here's another checkout problem leading to cart abandonment (apart from the lack of a default one-page checkout). We get quite a few of these. However, buyers insist there is nothing wrong with their card, the billing address or the funds. They say they have no problem with other online purchases. Yet this is a constant problem in shopify. There appear to be quite a few shop owners who constantly end with this problem which somehow seem related to Shopify's checkout and PayPal Express integration:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/archive/express-checkout/ht-ec-fundingfailure10486/    

Payment_LU_Checkout.png

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1268 78 161

Hi again @shopfy-2020!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for getting back to me here and sorry to hear you feel you've been having a hard time with using Shopify.

With regard to the above issue, did you manage to check out the troubleshooting steps I provided when you originally posted here, and if so, did your contact with support determine that the issue lay in the area I was examining here?

For the PayPal issue you reported here, as third-party gateway integrations are created, maintained, and supported by the gateway company themselves, we would be limited in what we can do to provide support for them ourselves.

I had a look through our own documentation for common issues around PayPal, but the error message you shared here was not among them.

As such your best bet would be to reach out to PayPal support directly as they will be able to access info on your account with them and will also have access to more info on how their platform works.

We remain available here and via our support site to provide support with whatever queries you may have about all things Shopify.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes