Some questions about Payment and Skrill

Highlighted
3 0 1

1.When i go to Accept credit cards on the dropdown menu the only one avaliable for my country is 2Checkout and then in the Other option i have many options to choose from, so my question is am I able to choose one of the Other options such as Skrill or am I forced to use 2Checkout?

2.I've read on different forums that people from my country use Payoneer and Skrill. Since Payoneer is not avaliable in shopify, I'm left with one option, Skrill. Do you know which credit cards does Skrill accept payment from? Can customers pay with their Visa, MaserCard, American Express etc.

3.When customers want to buy a product will they need to have a Skrill account? Will they be redirected to a Skrill website where they can put their information without needing an account? Or will they pay straight from Shopify while the payment goes automatically to my Skrill account?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there Water!

Don here from Shopify!

I hope I can clear up the situation around your payment gateway options for you here.

The payment gateway providers available for use in your Shopify store will depend on where you are located geographically.

Certain gateways are only available in certain countries and if you don't see a certain option under credit card gateways in your admin then it means that that gateway is not available in your region.

If you wish to confirm where your store is operating from, we can provide a list of all gateways available for use there. :) 

For the cards accepted by the third-party gateway you choose to use; you would need to consult the gateway directly for confirmation of their policies and services, though the majority of credit card gateways will accept all major credit cards worldwide and would not require the creation of a specific account for that gateway.

Let us know if we can provide more info on anything at all and let us know where your store is based if you wish for us to provide a list of all available gateways there for you. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes