Sort Orders by SKU and Partial Order Fulfilment

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello everyone,

We’re a wholesale company looking to convert to using a Shopify store (we have been using an antiquated system through Microsoft Access). There are just a few issues we are having. For orders placed manually (through the admin section by a member of staff rather than through the site itself), the products are put in the order that they are entered rather than being sorted by either product title or SKU. This is very important, as our entire inventory is organised by SKU and we stock thousands of different products. Customers also frequently place orders for products that are not in stock. Using our current system, these products are added to the order, waiting to be fulfilled once the product is restocked. The rest of the order that is in stock is fulfilled, payment is then taken from the customer and then once the rest of the order is in back in stock the rest of the order is fulfilled and paid for. From what we’ve seen, there doesn’t appear to be the ability to partially fulfil orders, mark an order as partially paid for or to issue customers with partial refunds.

So in short, is there some way for our store to be able to:

• Sort orders by SKU or Product title (Ideally SKU)
  • Partially fulfil orders
  • Mark an order as partially paid for
  • Issue customers with partial refunds

I imagine what I’m asking for would require custom code from a Shopify Expert, and after using the new store we’d come across new roadblocks, but essentially I’m just asking whether these features are even possible, or if we are just wasting our time as I don’t believe the transition over to Shopify would be feasible for us otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm in the same boat, just wondering if you ever found a workaround to this?

Specifically, how to partially bill & fulfill orders and how to handle backorders...?

We regularly have customers order out-of-stock items, sometimes waiting several weeks for those items.. We need to be able to partially fulfill/bill orders and bill out the remainder when the backorder(s) ships.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Unfortunately not. We are going to have to re purpose our site since not having this feature makes Shopify unsuitable for our business.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Oh no! 😬

Were you trying to get this working with Shopify Payments as your card processor?

I spoke to my launch engineer yesterday, and he asserted that we can handle this type of billing process if we use Cybersource instead of Shopify Payments. I haven't verified this yet, but I'll reply here if we do get it working.

0 Likes