Space to enter other shipping carrier

Highlighted
Tourist
31 0 1

While fulfilling items, is there a way to enter value for "other" along with the tracking number. It doesn't make sense to provide the customer "other" which generates incorrect url link along with the tracking number.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
148 0 7

Hello Riyaz!

Jesse from the Guru Team here.

If your concern is with the tracking link sent to the customer I would suggest editing the order confirmation email template to use a different tracking URL that supports the carrier you are using.

While this wont change anything in the admin; clicking the tracking number from the orders section will still lead you as the merchant to the google results page, it will allow you to send the customer a working tracking link.

Feel free to reach out at any time if you have any other questions.

http://docs.shopify.com/support

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
31 0 1

I use multiple shipping carriers. 

I also use a shipping company called www.delhivery.com which is not listed in your default listed of shipping carrriers.

How can I include it in the trasactional email by editing it. If I edit and when I fulfill the order using Fedex/DHL, will I get the Fedex/DHL link or the custom link.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
148 0 7

Hey Riyaz!

So the code from the order confirmation email will still work for you, you would just need to edit it to use some conditional logic and if statements to tell the template "if carrier is OTHER then use this tracking URL, if not then use the standard tracking URL."

This would cover you in both cases.

Feel free to reach out at any time if you have any other questions.

http://docs.shopify.com/support

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello,

You can check out the Shipment Tracking & Notify app. While fulfilling the order by selecting "Other" from the carrier list, the app automatically detects the carrier service and handles the tracking process. This solves the problem of generating incorrect URL along with the tracking number.

The app helps you send tracking notifications to your customers also allows you to have an integrated tracking lookup page, from where your customers can track their orders. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Adding to my previous reply, 

There are other apps available like the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app, that will help you automatically fulfill orders for specific carriers like FedEx, UPS, DHL, Delhivery, etc along with the tracking number. So, there is no need for you to add the tracking number manually for all the orders. The app helps you calculate rates and print shipping labels for your orders as well.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes