Split Orders

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a product that ships on a particular date in my product offering. In this product page, a customer has the option of choosing which “ship week” to have that product shipped.

I need to manage that product separately from normal items. So when a customer puts a normally shipping item in their cart along with a special shipping item, I need to do one of the following:

1). Force that they must checkout with that single item in their cart

2). Split the cart or order into two separate orders

In this manner, I can ship the normally shipping items immediately. Close that order. Then ship the special shipping item on the associated ship week. And close that order out. Otherwise I will have many “partially” shipped orders.

Any suggestions on handling this process?

I have already created products for each “ship week”. I will also need to filter these orders by product. Then I can select all my “ship week 1” products and fulfill them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 77

Hey there, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

Something that might work for your case is using an app! Apps are like extra features you can add to your store. In this case, an app that comes to mind is one that will let you control what people put into their carts. There are a few apps in our App Store that will help you do this, here is one example.

Essentially, it's an app that allows store owners to set minimum and maximum values for customer orders. From what I know, should let you force people to only checkout with a single item in their cart. That said, this is a third party app, meaning that it wasn't created by Shopify, so your best bet will be to reach out to their support team directly to see if they can confirm this for you, and walk you through how to set it up! You can find their contact information on the app page. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Any update if there is a solution to split orders after they've been placed by the customer?

Ideally customers could checkout with 3 items and then on the backend have it broken into three separate orders so the information would push to ShipRush or the other platforms as singular items.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
119 0 11

Hi, my app Simple Purchase Orders can definitely meet your shop's needs. It allows you to set up suppliers and import products and set cost prices. You can then automatically generate purchase orders from orders your customers make and it will import all of the items they order and their address and email it to your supplier. It can also handle splitting orders into multiple POs where the items have different suppliers. This should help you reduce time spent fulfilling orders and eliminate mistakes.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions

0 Likes