Split payments to multiple authorize.net merchant IDs

Highlighted
4 0 0

I am evaluating Shopify for a new client and he has some unique scenarios that he needs satisfied.
First, he needs to have purchases directed to different Authorize.net merchant accounts depending on the products purchased. We'd like the buyer to be able to complete one transaction and have funds directed to the correct account based on the products purchases. Is this possible?

We suspect he may need multiple shopping carts. If this is the case, can Shopify support multiple carts in one account and provide a single checkout for the end user?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 23

Hi there Janna!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

I've spent some time today researching your query alongside our escalated teams here.

At this time it wouldn't be possible to send payments to more than one third party gateway account from the Shopify admin or to use multiple carts on the storefront.

It might be possible to create a high level of customisation to handle this sort of behavior, but it would be well outside of what we can provide support for here.

You could check out our Experts community to see if there is a developer there who has worked on something similar or you could check out our API forums to see if anyone else has performed a similar customisation.

Best of luck with everything here!

Regards,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Janna wrote:

I am evaluating Shopify for a new client and he has some unique scenarios that he needs satisfied.
First, he needs to have purchases directed to different Authorize.net merchant accounts depending on the products purchased. We'd like the buyer to be able to complete one transaction and have funds directed to the correct account based on the products purchases. Is this possible?

We suspect he may need multiple shopping carts. If this is the case, can Shopify support multiple carts in one account and provide a single checkout for the end user?

Hey @Janna @Don_old  did you remember this thread ?

Are you still handling this and could share any advance ?

I have some similar requirement from a CLIENT ... but not particular to Authorise.net ... but a there riquerement to have the payment transaction associated to a particular account depending on LOCATION  ... just in case 

William Alencar
GoodFy Labs
Brazilian Shopify Experts
Getting Satisfied Customers around the World
0 Likes