Stop COD payment method for Gift Cards

arpit3
1 0 0

On my site, I have two types of products . Product which can be shiped and not be shiped . Products and gift cards.

I want to stop the COD payment option if Customer has purchase any gift card .  Please help me provide optional payment method system.

How can we stop COD Cash on Delivery payment method if Product is GiftCard?

0 Likes
Diana_S
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 0 30

Hi there, Arpit!

Diana here from the Shopify Support Team.

Currently, there is no way to specify or restrict certain products from being purchased using specific payment gateways during the checkout process; if a payment gateway is active, any product (or combinations of products) will be able to be purchased using that gateway. The only way to restrict gift cards from being purchased using Cash on Delivery would be to remove the COD gateway entirely. 

Alternatively, you could write a custom message in the 'Additional Details' section (in Settings > Payments > Manual payments) letting your customers know that gift card orders will not be fulfilled if they choose that payment method; it doesn't forcibly stop them from choosing that option, but it may discourage them from trying to use that gateway if they have the warning in advance that they won't get their product. Naturally, you can phrase your message however you choose, but something like this in the checkout may come in handy to minimize the number of COD gift card orders you get:

I hope this helps, and good luck with your store!

Diana | Shopify Guru ~ Contact Shopify 24/7 at support.shopify.com!
0 Likes
HouzeCart
2 0 1

Hello

Is this still the same after 4 years? Can we stop selling Gift Cards if the payment method is COD ?

MerchantBee
1 0 0

I think it's still the same, I am facing same trouble.

0 Likes
mojcazove
1 0 0

Hello, this is 2021 calling, wanting this problem solved. 

0 Likes