Store Credit for a returned item

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello,

Our return policy is store credit only, no refunds to CC or cash. For us, store credit is one of the most basic activities in the boutique. I am new to Shopify and could could not find anything in the knowledge base. Does it mean there is no store credit?

Many Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi @LiLi-5,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There is no store feature for credit in the store admin for giving store credit to customers, but I understand how having this feature available is important and can make certain of your business better. Because of that, I'm sending your feedback along to our responsible team as a feature request for the future. 

However, there are a few ways to work around this. Something to look into could be offering a free gift card with the amount of store credit you would like to give the customer. Gift cards are temporarily available to sell on all Shopify subscription plans because of recent events. Shopify has a YouTube tutorial going through how to offer gift cards which you can see below: 

This feature is only available for all plans temporarily. Because of that, it might be worth checking out some apps from the Shopify App Store which have this feature:

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi Nick,

Thank you for you reply and for sending this request.

I will have to use the gift card option as I have no choice.  

One question: if the customer return an item, can I use a Gift Card as my "payment method" or this is a two steps activity? (first return the item and than issue a gift card).  

The store credit is very different from a gift card as it should also:

1. When looking at a customer record, staff should see they have a credit (because the customer never remembers).

2. When checking out the customer, the store credit amount should show up as one of the payment option.

3. It is not transferable, it is not physical, so it can't be lost.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

No problem at all @LiLi-5, hope it helped! 

I would first return the item and then issue the gift card (by following the steps in the guide here) to keep things more simple. I feel it could make things more complicated the other way. 

Thank you also for this feedback. All feedback like this is very helpful and appreciated. It really helps our team understand your needs as a store owner in this case. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Thanks Nick.

Sorry about that, I am a little lost and just want to confirm.

I created an order, returned the item, on the refund method selected "store credit" , so this actually mean nothing, right? Is this the first step of the return which after I go and issue the gift card?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi @LiLi-5, no need to apologize, these are great questions! 

Did you install an app by any chance regarding the refund method showing "store credit"? That wouldn't be a normal option in the admin and the only thing I can think of would be if you installed an app. 

I made a test refund on my test store below showing what an example and I don't see Store Credit anywhere: 

20-05-w0opf-8rq17

Would you be able to take a screenshot and show me where it showed you "Store Credit" here, please? 

I would refund the order to the amount you want to refund it to and then issue a separate gift card with the amount of store credit you would like to give as two transactions if it was me doing this personally. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Got it!

Thank you, I will do that. 

No, I don't have a credit app installed. 

Here is the screenshot for the store credit. 

If you wanted to see i had the option available I will need to create a new sale. 

Thanks again. 

IMG_20200505_120241.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
82 2 8

Hi @LiLi-5, I'm Neomi from Rise.ai app,

we specialized in Gift Cards, loyalty, and store credit solutions.

and we have the solution for you!

With Rise you can refund your customers with store credit directly through your Shopify dashboard!

you can read more about our solution here.

Check out our listing page, and feel free to contact me at info@rise.ai

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Sending you two more screenshots on how a customer can pay with a store credit option

IMG_20200505_221828.jpgIMG_20200505_221836.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Ah, is this via the POS admin @LiLi-5  and not the online store?

0 Likes