Store Shipping set up mess!!

Solved
smoses4567
1 0 0

Hello, 

I have a store and I think I messed up the shipping!! I have items that are small and items that are large.....everything's coming up priority mail $7.65. I do not know how to make different packages available to my customers. For example my earrings can ship first class mail up to 14 oz then can go to a small flat rate box. I have cake toppers that need to ship first class but they are coming up flat rate box. I have 18" wood wine gift box that needs a different shipping method and is coming up flat rate box.......How in the world do I fix this?

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
418 44 87

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @smoses4567 

Unfortunately, one of the limitations of Shopify is that you can only assign one package size as your default package. However, you can set it so specific products have only specific shipping method options appear at checkout.

To do this, you need to set up different shipping Profiles in your shipping settings. For example, you can set up a profile for "Items that ship in small flat rate box", and add just the products that ship in a small flat rate box to that shipping profile. Then set up a profile "Items that ship first class" and add products that will ship first class. In each profile, when adding your rates, just make sure you only check the boxes for the services you want made available for those products.

You will have to keep in mind, however, that this is best for when your customers don't purchase items from different profiles in the same order. If they do, then it will charge them based on shipping each item in separate packages.

If you need more advanced shipping settings, such as being able to charge based on the dimension of the package needed to ship all items in a given order, you will need an app.