Stripe Germany

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey,

I‘m from Germany and the only payment providers I use are Stripe and Paypal. I just had an customer who wanted to pay with his BNC debit card but could not fulfill the payment because it wouldn’t accept the debit card. Does stripe accept debit cards? And if not what alternatives are there for me when I‘m located in Germany?

best regards 

Tim 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 114

Hi, Tim!

Ted here from Shopify. :-) 

With Stripe, you can charge almost any kind of credit or debit card as mentioned here. Stripe might not be able to accept BCN cards though, so I would recommend reaching out to their customer support directly via this link for more information. The card might have been rejected due to other reasons (such as insufficient funds or similar), so it's worth asking if they can see the rejected order and if their gateway was able to pick up on this info. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill! 
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there!

I'm from Germany as well and want to use ReCharge combined with Stripe.

Somehow I can't choose Stripe as a payment option in Shopify. (ReCharge doesn't work with Shopify Payments so I had to you Stripe or Braintree)

Can someone help?

0 Likes