Submit documents for shopify payments

1 0 0

After migration from another platform, the UI indicated a requirement to provide government-issued documentation to continue using shopify payments. I uploaded everything required. The requested information is a sensitive PII data that also includes very sensitive business info.

After clicking submit, the message in the screenshot below was received. I called support for the first time with my concern, after verifying all of my account information & 3 verification pins they authenticated me.

I described what occurred during the submission process and concern that my sensitive information was  submitted but that the process is broken. The representative response said she could see the documents were actually received and asked there anything else she can help with?

Providing the required doucmentation is tedious but because there is no message indicating it was received and page cannot be found it's even worse. It appears the process of submission is broken and an error message is generated even though in my case they received it. The rep I spoke to was not concerned. I even asked if I could provide a screenshot so they could review and fix it. I was told that wasn't her expertise.

URL: domain.myshopify.com/admin/requested_documents/

ui-error.jpg

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2402 163 352

Hi @ks3cd,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I just wanted to follow up with you on this message and see if there's anything else you need help with on this? It seems there was just a small technical glitch when you weren't shown the confirmation page initially but that was since corrected when you spoke to the Guru on the phone and your documents were received. 

If there's anything else or you have any other questions about this or Shopify Payments, don't hesitate to ask. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes