Subscription / recurring payments

Highlighted
7 0 0

It's becoming increasingly annoying that Shopify doesn't offer subscription payments. Has anyone had any luck with a Shopify expert that could build this out so you don't have to use a third party? Using third party makes the process way more confusing for customers and user experience, especially on the phone. I don't want to go through the work of building a completely new website on a different platform just for this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 0 5

Hello Marlena! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! We do appreciate your feedback on the Shopify platform, and I will be sure to let our team know about your feature request, however - we currently have quite a few apps that would allow you to do subscription or recurring billing charges, like Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold and ReCharge Recurring Billing & Subscriptions - be sure to check them all out here

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
107 0 4

Hey Marlena,

A few weeks ago we've released our new Recurring Payments & Subscription Boxes app for recurring billing feature implementation.

✔️ New Shopify subscription app for selling physical products and subscription boxes;

✔️ Use Shopify Billing API: no extra commissions, no additional billing fee, 100+ payment options;

✔️ Automatic invoices instead of billing.

And what is more important - it's free to use!

eCommerce Solutions Developer
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Add us to the list of shops looking for an alternative to Shopify due to this. Silly, been 'coming soon' for years.

Referring to apps, in this case, is a hack at best. They need to replace your checkout which then also breaks other third-party apps you have installed, coupons, etc stop working. I love Shopify, but it is certainly not staying current. Couple that with them preventing new merchant payment integrations to push people to their own it's going away from the customer-focused organization that won them peoples business in the first place.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
41 1 49

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't your app simply send an invoice to the customer, of which they have to respond to and manually pay each month?  Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of a subscription?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
41 1 49

Definitely want to see this native in Shopify.  Other apps won't work right if we were to use this.   

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Shopify, why no progress with this; why are you not listening to your customers?

If I can't find a solution ASAP, I have no other option than to move my site to another e-commerce platform.

1 Like