Subscription with iDeal Payment (for The Netherlands)

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

80% of my customers come from The Netherlands. In The Netherlands about 60% of online payments are done with a service named iDeal which uses debit cards. 

Does anyone know how to integrate iDeal payments for subscription within shopify? As i can't seem to find an integration in the apps that are now available.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 0 6

Hello Johnny! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! If you already have iDeal set up as a payment gateway, then you should be able to use one of the subscription apps from the Shopify app store in order to allow subscription-like purchases! There isn't anything that specifically integrates directly with iDeal, but as long as it's set as a payment gateway - you should be fine to use one of the subscription apps here to accept payments.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

In the Netherlands you can use Mollie.com with ideal payment gateway.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello Kassey, 

Thanks for your reply. I have ideal setup for single orders, but all the subscription apps that are out there non of them offers payment option other then creditcard. 

I was hoping there was a way to have ideal added as its important for my main market. 

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Dear SIlvia, I have mollie all setup. But for subscription orders there is only option to pay with credit cards. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi JohnnyFrance,

Did you already manage to solve this. I have the same issue for my Dutch and Belgian clients.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Roezgan,

Sorry for my very late reply... But i kind of managed it... I use a service called https://rcur.nl/ they work with mollie, but offer rcurring payments. Unfortunately you cannot use the product feature of shopify and integrate the payment. You need to create pages yourself get customers to click join or pay then they will be directed to rcur payment. after payment they can come back to your website again.. 

Quite some disadvantages for now as if you have regular products and subscription you have to manage them in 2 different CMS. But i think for now its the only option available.

If you have found another way. please hit me up

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey JohnnyFrance,

Thanks a lot. I also refer my clients to RCUR currently. Hopfelly there will be a nice integration soon!

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

I see that your current checkout is pretty smooth. You still work with this RCUR? And in what way is it different to using Mollie directly?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi, how do I set it up as payment gateway ?
0 Likes