Suggest an Easy Payment Gateway for my site base on Philippines?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, my site is www.mtdigitalprint.com. It's almost 80% done and ready to launch.

The only thing bothering me is the payment gateway as we don't have much option.

I already approached some and here are some issues and my feedbacks:

PayPal Express: Great! I'll be using this one but no all have paypal account so I need to have alternatives.

Credit Card Payment: It's a pain to get this one right now as requirement is not easy, If you're not employed you need to get a bunch of business papers such as DTI or SEC registration, BIR stamp, financial statement and latest ITR that are not easy to get for a start up business, maybe after 2-3 yrs we can get this one.

DragonPay: Handsdown on their customer service supports and features but you can't install their system untill you pay the initial 28'000 fee and then they will charge % percentage of per sales. I don't have the 28'000 yet so I'll pass this one.

2Checkout: This is the easiest one available but they charge too high maybe higher than my sales, I want to maintain affordability of my products and their customer support is not good as dragonpay so I'm still thinking if I will get this one.

If there is a better solution such as integrating online debit card payment for BDO, BPI or Unionbank this will be easier or atleast Shopify partner with Globe Gcash, Smart Money, or PayMaya. Pilipino's will don't have problem bringing the innovative online shopping experience here in Philippines.

I hope someone will reply to my post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
207 0 15

Hello Patricia, Brandon here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

The available gateways for Philippines are show at this link. These are the only companies that are currently built in for Shopify, so I would have a look into the other options there.

Hope that helps :)

You can always reach out to us on phone/email/chat as well!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Patricia,

This is also my problem. I just launched my store(www.topsouk.com) nearly a month ago, and I have Paypal Express, checkout. I'm trying to work out how I can accept credit cards. It's a pain in the neck. I hope Shopify can work with BDO and integrate their payment gateway.

Thanks,

VG

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi VG,

Finally, a post that says 15 days ago.

Same problem here. I'm applying for the 2CheckOut and after I saw the post of Patricia Leyno, it made me think that this would be another problem.

I saw your store, and I guess until now you haven't figured out with accepting CC payment issue?

Looking forward to your response,

Jake

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Jake, and Patricia Leyno,

I tried 2Checkout too but they will not activate your account unless you provide them with your last 90 days sale, so like me just starting I don't have that. They closed my account right away.

To begin with I thought Paypal Express checkout was good enough like they said once you have a business account. I had a business account yet the checkout process always require customers to register for an account. This was because the country I registered my account was Saudi Arabia and Paypal does not support Account Optional feature.

To solve the problem; I unlinked my Papal account to shopify payments and used my wife's Paypal business account(Philippine registered) and enabled Paypal express checkout. Now even customers without Paypal account can make purchases at our store. They have the option to create or not create an account with Paypal during checkout. 

So if you have a business account with Paypal(easy to get) and you are from the Philippines or supported country(Paypal accounts optional feature) then your customers can pay with credit cards.

Check this link for instruction on how to do this. https://help.shopify.com/manual/payments/paypal/let-customers-pay-without-account

--VG

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi VG,

It's a relief seeing your update about this problem.

I do have my own business PayPal account. I'll link this now.

I actually went to your website and chose the pay with credit/debit card. So basically you will be directed to the Paypal payment page and will have those options. Looks great, I'll try this totally. But, it would be better if PayPal would stay to our Shopify website just like the other gateway payments do, right? 

Well, anyway the important thing is that we can accept the payments. 

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Jake

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Guys,

How are you?   I'm just starting to set up my own stuff here and I need a little clarification.  Would there be any issue if the business PayPal account does not match the name on your bank account?  Just really want  to make sure.

Thanks!

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey Mike,

I think you can just simply edit your Paypal Business name to your store name, and that basically it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Hi guys, any update for alternative payment method in philippines aside from Paypal Express???

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi I tried doing the steps on this link https://help.shopify.com/manual/payments/paypal/let-customers-pay-without-account but I'm unable to save with an error message that states: "You must enter a properly formatted Return URL. If you do not enter a properly formatted Return URL, which includes the Return URL requirements, Auto Return will not be turned on and applied to your Website Payment pages."

Does anyone know how to fix this? Should I create a page in Shopify that lets the customer know that the purchase went through and then use that as the return URL?

0 Likes