Supplement store payment options

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
937 82 224

Hi @QQ1,

If you're based in Canada and use a third-party gateway instead of Shopify Payments, you will be due to pay transaction fees on payments processed through these third-party gateways. The rate of these fees depend on which Shopify subscription you have, and these rates are listed on our pricing page. At the time of writing, the rates for transaction fees are 2% for the Basic plan, 1% for the Shopify plan, and 0.5% for the Advanced plan.

I hope this explains things but please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
BOMPN
1 0 0

Hey I just came across your post,

I have a similar question as I want to launch a protein powder product.  Will I be able to use Shopify Payments for just protein powder?  If not, what payment processor and gateway setup do you use?

Thanks,

BOMPN

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
937 82 224

Hi @BOMPN,

Thank you for getting in touch. Can you tell me in which country you and your business are based? The Terms of Service for Shopify Payments varies by country and this may affect which products you can sell. If you can tell me this I can look into this some more for you and give you a better idea if you'd be able to sell protein powder using the Shopify Payments gateway.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Swint129
3 0 0

Are you stripe.com

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
937 82 224

Hi @Swint129,

Stripe is a separate company from Shopify, and they provide their own gateway using their own name. However, Stripe are our banking partners for Shopify Payments—you can read more about this in our gateway's Terms of Service. Stripe is not available to merchants in countries where Shopify Payments is currently available.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
YouthandEarth
4 0 0

@Victor Can you explain why Stripe accepts payment from my store via the direct gateway and also did the same via Squarespace but you guys have disabled me from Shopify payments? I am now in the process of moving to Woo Commerce as I can no longer support subscriptions or multi-currency as this is only available on Shopify payment.

This makes no sense at all and based on this I would not recommend Shopify to anyone that runs a supplement store.

Regards,

Edward

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
937 82 224

Hi @YouthandEarth,

I am sorry to hear that you have been denied use of the Shopify Payments gateway, and appreciate that it can be frustrating setback. Whilst Stripe are our banking partners for Shopify Payments, this does not always mean products sold via Stripe's own gateway are therefore allowed to be sold via Shopify Payments (and vice-versa), and other factors other than the type of products sold may be considered when it comes to whether or not a store can process transactions via Shopify Payments.

It sounds like you have opted to change platforms as a result of this decision, but if you are open to changing your mind, I would recommend contacting our support team so that you can be authenticated on the store and we can look at this decision in more detail. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

0 Likes