Switching between Shopify Shipping and Shippo Shipping app

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello,

I currently am using the Shippo app for shipping labels. I'd like to try Shopify Shipping. Is it possible to easily switch back and forth between Shippo and Shopify Shipping in case some rates and shipping times are better for one than the other? Or do I have to use only one or the other?

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Not 100% sure but I tried out Shipstation a few years ago and was able to go back and forth. I found it was clunky to use a separate app and the rates weren't any different. I tried out Wix for a beta site and used Shippo there and found Shippo's rates to be exactly the same as Shopify but it was an extra step to get orders to import and shipping weights weren't always right. I find Shopify Shipping is seamless and gets the weight right every time. The only issue I'm having with Shopify Shipping right now is I want to it default to USPS and I can't seem to find a way to do that. It's easy enough to pick the correct service when creating labels but I often forget and occasionally I'll get a UPS label instead by accident. It's easy enough to void the label and rebuy it though. But sure would be nice to have a preset default. 

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Thank you, Sharon!

0 Likes